NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Not that impressed by the new Pelicans' court after it was announced it was the "barvest" court design in the league. I mean, why have the same logo on the court three times? I thought there would be those New Orleans ornaments sublimated instead. And I liked the unique, colored gold paint more, now they are diminishing the color gold. I think the Hornets' court is still the bravest one.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that impressed by the new Pelicans' court after it was announced it was the "barvest" court design in the league. I mean, why have the same logo on the court three times? I thought there would be those New Orleans ornaments sublimated instead. And I liked the unique, colored gold paint more, now they are diminishing the color gold. I think the Hornets' court is still the bravest one.

Agreed. They should have changed the center court logo to the Crescent City Basketball one.

Unique courts are returning to the NBA and I am loving it.

Now if only the Jazz would pull the trigger and put some mountains on their court, as mocked up in this Jumbotron illustration:

20130617-upgrades-640-1.jpg

...or something similar.

Agreed.

Pretty much the same opinion I have here as I had in regards to the usage of Dallas' skyline ...why? It's almost as if the Cavs put the arched Cleveland font to alert casual fans this isn't just some random mis-shaded spots of hardwood, it's the skyline of Cleveland.

No offense, I don't hate Cleveland, as I don't hate Dallas. I just find their usage of skyline as a bit forceful considering they may not be as known to the masses. A skyline court would be perfect for the Knicks, Bulls, LA teams, Wizards or even the Warriors (once in SF). But what if Orlando did a skyline court? How about a Memphis skyline jersey? IMO, not every city can go the skyline route.

That's just not a real reason, to me. I don't get that at all...

Everyone is going to add a skyline and every court will look stupid.

It's a million times better than sleeved jerseys.
A million times 0 is still zero.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

39RxZzD.jpgxRvyGR9.jpg

Hi all. I've been a lurker for literally years, and let me just say that you guys crack me up. I made an account tonight because I feel like I have some solid news to bring to the table. I was doing my weekly ebay shopping for NBA apparel, and I came across these shorts. They are from a valid seller (o_sports_gear). Tonight they put up multiple items including new Hornets shorts as well. Just thought I'd share. Can't wait to see the tops!!!

Agreed. They should have changed the center court logo to the Crescent City Basketball one.

I will disagree with you on that, though, since I prefer primary logos at centercourt.

And 29Texan is just mad at me because I said I didn't think Dallas had an important skyline

Not really. I mean, I expect a New Yorker to look down on any other city that's not New York.

I just don't get this smug, "image Nazi" attitude towards other cities wanting to show what their city has, regardless of whether it's a skyline or building, or flag, or whatever. I know this is a forum full of critics, but damn...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I like the sublimated court patterns and I think some teams could make it work. I just hope it doesn't become the norm and every team is trying to outdo one another and the novelty wears off.

And I think we're just glossing over the fact it's called the Smoothie King Arena.

IbjBaeE.png

29Texan, I can't quote on my phone, but I'm 17 and don't really care about skylines. Didn't know Denver had one either.

I like the Mavs jerseys, I like when teams show off city pride.

I'm just saying that Dallas having the best skyline in the world is BS. it's either Chicago or NY

Archived