NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My render of what the Pels alt could look like:

ByPJUvdIAAAhKQk.png

though, they could include different waistband and shorts logos maybe.

Bleh, another red alt in a league with too many red uniforms. They could have at least gone for something a little out of the box, like a metallic gold alt. Sure, it'd be a little gaudy, but at least it'd be something different.

RackMultipart.25613.0_display_image.jpg

The Pelicans have such a unique name and good color scheme (need to make it more Blue and Gold with red as an accent), but their uniforms are so blah. Can be so much better. Not sure how, but they should have fun with it.

you sound like the worst client ever

:P

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

And I'm sorry to all the Dallas residents here, but just because you're a city doesn't mean you have an iconic skyline.

This. I'm sure it means something to locals, but as an East Coast guy, that skyline looks generic to me.

Plenty of people disagree with you:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/entertainment/2014/09/10/dallas-voted-best-skyline/15371031/

The Pelicans script looks so much better than New Orleans. This makes it the best jersey of their set!

Agreed. The size of the typeface is welcomed. I like most did not immediately take to the "smaller than usual" New Orleans type. Considering the rebrand was to make the franchise, "New Orleans" finally. Would still love to see a Mardi Gras type of jersey though. Blue on the front, green on the back. Could be fun for a one or two off.

What's the point of having a skyline alt if you remove the most famous parts of the city skyline?

Seriously. I couldnt tell it was the Dallas skyline at first look without Reunion Tower.

Dallas_skyline_water1.jpg

That's a very old and outdated picture of the skyline. This is more up to date:

13986_10204749968819243_3848007155607048

You realize that skyline picture is taken from a completely different angle than the "older" one, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And I'm sorry to all the Dallas residents here, but just because you're a city doesn't mean you have an iconic skyline.

This. I'm sure it means something to locals, but as an East Coast guy, that skyline looks generic to me.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/entertainment/2014/09/10/dallas-voted-best-skyline/15371031/

Fair enough. You learn something every day. :) However, from the article you cited:

Dallas has continued to stay flashy. Controversially, it has done this not with the height or style of its newest architecture, but rather through an internal race to adorn its existing and new icons with colorful interactive lighting that cannot be ignored.

This uni design doesn't incorporate the "colorful interactive lighting" that apparently makes Dallas' skyline so distinctive. I wonder how many people (other than Dallas residents and architecture buffs) could readily identify a one-color silhouette as Dallas' skyline -- without the big "DALLAS" wordmark and Mavs' color scheme as context. At least the design keeps the lone star, the one bit of iconography that I *was* able to recognize.

What's the point of having a skyline alt if you remove the most famous parts of the city skyline?

Seriously. I couldnt tell it was the Dallas skyline at first look without Reunion Tower.

Dallas_skyline_water1.jpg

That's a very old and outdated picture of the skyline. This is more up to date:

13986_10204749968819243_3848007155607048

You realize that skyline picture is taken from a completely different angle than the "older" one, right?

I do, and I also realize that in the picture you posted, Reunion Arena has since been torn down and the new Omni Hotel has been built.

Fair enough. You learn something every day. :) However, from the article you cited:

Dallas has continued to stay flashy. Controversially, it has done this not with the height or style of its newest architecture, but rather through an internal race to adorn its existing and new icons with colorful interactive lighting that cannot be ignored.

This uni design doesn't incorporate the "colorful interactive lighting" that apparently makes Dallas' skyline so distinctive. I wonder how many people (other than Dallas residents and architecture buffs) could readily identify a one-color silhouette as Dallas' skyline -- without the big "DALLAS" wordmark and Mavs' color scheme as context. At least the design keeps the lone star, the one bit of iconography that I *was* able to recognize.

I'm pretty sure lots of people could recognize the Dallas skyline thanks to Reunion Tower and the Fountain Place skyscaper.

Pelicans alt should've been metallic gold

Agreed. Still probably woun't have looked that great but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than the red

Pelicans had a chance of making their own identity with a metallic gold and navy alternate, instead they introduced another red and navy uniform.

Archived