Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you've only been a fan since '95, you ain't been through the worst, homie. :P

*still remembers growing up through the "Yuccaneers" era

LOL! I mistyped that year. and yes I missed the winless year, so I guess the lowest of the low I was not a fan, I barely could feed myself at that time.

my whole life I always thought it was 1985 the Bills lost to the Buccaneers, but it was actually Novemeber 1986. Guess I remember watching the game, rooting on the Bills... only to see them lose again, and for some reason I said... %$@# the Bills, I like the Buccaneers now. Ever since I have liked the bucs.

White helmet and a chrome mask?! Christ on a cracker...

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

What in the world is the Buccaneers thinking? They have IMO the best looking uniform in the NFL and a top 3 uniform for all of football (NCAA, NFL, Arena, CFL).

What I'm betting it ends up looking like. As a buc fan, I'm not happy with the announcement.

bucshelmet_zpsea92c678.png

I sure hope you are wrong as that looks like a pile of crap!

spacer.png

I really think that the HGI treatments don't belong in the NFL, as they're trendy modern designs have such a short shelf life and eventually get switched out. That's totally fine for a lot of college programs trying to consistenlty stay current to cater to their recruits, etc., but it doesn't have a place in the NFL.

I could not possibly agree more. "Cutting edge" garbage like the new Jags helmet looks dated before the final preseason game.

Buc fans might want to duck.

chrome facemask? That can't be good.

The Buccaneers have a great helmet. There's no need to change it. Thanks a lot Rahim Morris/Greg Schiano.

1997-2014 RIP The world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

11783065.jpg

Wasn't bad but always seems like a Raiders rip off. Like they thought putting a flag behind the cross bones made it different. Interested to see what they do.

That is, of course, your opinion...but you know that whole thing about opinions and a**holes, right? :P

barkleybroadcaster.jpg

They all stink, right? :D

Anyways, while I liked the Red and Pewter, the only thing the Bucs needed was a little more Orange. A couple ideas I've had was to return to Red/Orange/White, but in that order, or go Creamsicle/Black with Red accents. That, or go to a cooler (gun-metal?) gray. Changing the helmet and supposedly leaving the jerseys untouched, though...I'm not liking this.

While I love the chrome finish in a not-on-the-field aspect, I have yet to see it work on the field. This, mainly because it simply doesn't congeal with the rest of the uniform. Maybe Tampa Bay can work things out with their pants. Maybe the chrome's limited to the facemask only. But if the uniforms aren't changing to at least coordinate with the helmet, then I don't see how this ends well. And, we'll more than likely be stuck with these until 2019 or so.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

As a Bucs fan, there are only two directions this could go that I would be happy with. The first would be a weathered chrome (while maintaining the unique pewter color) look, a la Rutgers. The other would be a textured metallic, a la new Notre Dame helmet.

Bucs officials said the team has been working in conjunction with the NFL on the new logo design and that it is under strict orders not to reveal details of the changes before the official unveiling Thursday.

The addition of a chrome facemask suggests a possible change in uniform color scheme as well, but Bucs officials said no drastic changes have been made to the red and pewter that was adopted in 1997.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

we'll know more Friday morning, but as it stands now its just a new helmet and a new logo--whether that logo is an additional one (which I believe) or a replacement for what they have now is a bit unclear.

I doubt they're changing uniforms outside of whatever colors adjustments they might have made, though. At least I hope they're not--not right now, anyway.

(Where's that sneaker pimp dude at? :P )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh no, the Bucs are making a change? Why? Their uniforms are darn near perfect as they are, the only thing I'd change is emphasizing the creamsicle orange a bit more (never liked their throwbacks, but using more of that color again would be a nice touch).

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I fear the Bucs are going to go the road of the Chargers. The Chargers looked great, and had an incredible throwback look. Instead of going to the throwback as the fans wanted, they made a mishmash pile of yellow-and-blue-makes-green crap with their current set. The Bucs look good now, and I loved their creamsicle set. However, I'm guessing the next set (if it actually is a change) will be a "make everybody happy" thing which fails to make anybody happy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I hope it isn't anything like:

th_735253178_bucsrejectedhelmetdesigtn9_

If they have a damn Jaguar style fade, I am going to friggen freak out... where the hell is prozac!

In the article they state: "but Bucs officials said no drastic changes have been made to the red and pewter that was adopted in 1997."

I hope so... but a chrome facemask? Will it be a dark charcoal chrome?

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

I fear the Bucs are going to go the road of the Chargers. The Chargers looked great, and had an incredible throwback look. Instead of going to the throwback as the fans wanted, they made a mishmash pile of yellow-and-blue-makes-green crap with their current set. The Bucs look good now, and I loved their creamsicle set. However, I'm guessing the next set (if it actually is a change) will be a "make everybody happy" thing which fails to make anybody happy.

Unless the Spanos count as "everybody," I don't think the Chargers' redesign was a "make everybody happy" redesign. How they chickened out at the last second and stuck with navy is beyond me. Going with the powder blues in their current set would be about the only way to salvage their current look--and hey, no yellow-and-blue-makes-green!

I'm interested in how an Orange/Pewter look appears, but like I said before, the only way it looks good on the Bucs is if the Pewter is cooled down and not so goldish.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It's just a new helmet, not new uniforms.

Archived