New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take away the stupid Nike stuff - Cleveland wordmark on the jerseys, Browns on the pants - and this new look could be halfway decent. Unfortunately, the only thing Nike does better than :censored:-ing up uniforms is explaining their rationale for :censored:-ing up uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

The jerseys are decent and could have been better. I literally cannot think of a logical explanation as to why the decided to write Browns on the pants. That might actually be the worst thing to write on pants legs. That being said, its still a trillion times better than Jacksonvilles helmet and Tampa Bays number font. 3.75/5 stars IMO.

The pants devastate this uniform. Simple stripes, this wouldn't be bad at all. Those pants? It's like Jacksonville's helmet... Takes what would be a 4 to 5 star design down to a 0.5 star...

I like the Jags helmet. At least it's something new/different....it at least looks "fresh". The Browns word mark down the side of the pants looks VERY minor league. The whole uniform does. It looks outdated.

You can't be serious. The Jags' helmet is the ugliest uniform element in the history of sports.

Ugly is subjective. Personally I think they're cool. Not the best helmet ever but I still like them.

Sonuva...they were so close. SO CLOSE. But those pants are a design element that even I can't defend. "Cleveland" on the jerseys? That's fine. "Browns" on the pants? Yuck.

And it's really a shame, because some of the combos look amazing, and it's a very solid look overall. But those pants...

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I honestly think the contrasting stitching is to combat counterfeit jerseys.

Why couldn't the Chinese use contrasting stitching?

Small details like that they tend to overlook.

I can't imagine that the stitching is to combat counterfeits. People who buy counterfeits specifically overlook the changes in small details to buy them cheap. I've heard the phrase "Well, it's close enough," from friends so many times.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I don't dislike the pants... I don't love'em, but I'm not as angry about them as a lot of you are.

Contrast stitching... yeah the Chinese do this.

Most cycling kits have contrast stitching, and 90% are made in China.

I really like the Orange-Brown-Orange, a LOT!

Major upgrade, and I'd rank them behind Seattle, and Miami, even with Minnesota, ahead of Jacksonville, and light years ahead of Tampa Bay.

Just once I would love it if a team came out with a new look and just said "we've done this because we think it looks good".

All the contrived logic and reasoning is beginning to get completely out of hand, especially considering the amount of people outside of those creating it who actually care is probably tiny.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Take aways from the Browns message board I belong to.

Mostly positive reviews O/W/W and O/O/O most popular.

Majority likes Beowns on the pants.

At least "Beowns" on the pants would be kind of funny. Browns on the pants just looks weird.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived