New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The pants devastate this uniform. Simple stripes, this wouldn't be bad at all. Those pants? It's like Jacksonville's helmet... Takes what would be a 4 to 5 star design down to a 0.5 star...

I like the Jags helmet. At least it's something new/different....it at least looks "fresh". The Browns word mark down the side of the pants looks VERY minor league. The whole uniform does. It looks outdated.

You can't be serious. The Jags' helmet is the ugliest uniform element in the history of sports.

Until Today.

Did you forget that these existed. http://uniformcritics.com/football/college/southern-miss-golden-eagles/2013-southern-miss-white-on-yellow-uniform/

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pants devastate this uniform. Simple stripes, this wouldn't be bad at all. Those pants? It's like Jacksonville's helmet... Takes what would be a 4 to 5 star design down to a 0.5 star...

I like the Jags helmet. At least it's something new/different....it at least looks "fresh". The Browns word mark down the side of the pants looks VERY minor league. The whole uniform does. It looks outdated.

You can't be serious. The Jags' helmet is the ugliest uniform element in the history of sports.

Until Today.

A wordmark on football pants is not worse than a gradient helmet.

Nor is it worse than reflective alarm clock numbers (a close second to the gradient helmet that isn't actually a gradient).

Oh I forgot... it's a Jaguar leaping out of the shadows. :rolleyes:

A downgrade in my opinion ... But not to the Tampa Bay or Jacksonville level however. The orange jersey is the worst part of the uniform IMO. I guess I just like the traditional brown or white.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Until Today.

A wordmark on football pants is not worse than a gradient helmet.

Nor is it worse than reflective alarm clock numbers (a close second to the gradient helmet that isn't actually a gradient).

Oh I forgot... it's a Jaguar leaping out of the shadows. :rolleyes:

Technically, the Jaguar is leaping into the shadows.

BB52Big.jpg

These are worst than Jacksonville and Tampa. I can't think of any worst looking uniform in the NFL right now. The pants wordmark and contrasting stitching are the worst elements I have ever seen in the NFL...

Dude, your take is so hot it is burning my computer screen.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

These are worst than Jacksonville and Tampa. I can't think of any worst looking uniform in the NFL right now. The pants wordmark and contrasting stitching are the worst elements I have ever seen in the NFL...

No, they're objectively not.

Donte Whitner: "when you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you play good." (Another one of my "rationalizations" that was destroyed yesterday.)

None of that matters if you don't have any talent. The Browns don't need "look good" uniforms to "play good." They need good players. Period. These new uniforms aren't going to make Zeppo McCown play like Aaron Rodgers and they aren't going to turn Donte Whitner into Ronnie Lott. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

Remember the good ol' days when the placement of "SEAHAWKS" somewhere other than under the NFL logo caused a stir? ^_^

Honestly, watching on TV, I probably won't care about the writing on the pants. Overall, from far away, I think they look great

Well, they were this close from hitting it out of the park, but instead slipped into slight downgrade with those pants. The helmet looks great, the jerseys are very nice (I can live with the contrast stitching and whatever Nike marketingspeak as it seems to blend in and isn't Buffalo Bills territory obvious) even though I'd still make the wordmark a bit smaller, but then good god the wordmark on the pants. If they'd had just made stripes go all the way down this would've been one of the best updates in sports. Instead, it falls a bit flat. Change that and they're set.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Helmet- Was hoping for matte, but still looks good.

Jerseys- Not a fan of the stitching; it takes away from the cleanliness of the look. Orange numbers on brown jersey look bad. I'd previously say that I'd prefer brown as the primary, but after seeing the final product, I like the orange better.

Pants- Obviously super unpopular opinion, but I like the pants much better than the jerseys. Modern and doesn't look bad. I understand the complaints, but I personally like them.

As far as comparing them to other Nike rebrands, I'd rank them:

Vikings

Seahawks

Dolphins

Browns

Bucs

Jaguars

Archived