New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

It's satin. I saw it on that up close picture that zoomed in on different parts

edit

lYm97lO.jpg

*sees Dawg Pound bullplop*

"The color brown is used in the uniforms to symbolize beer bottles, which the fans will throw at the team to motivate and encourage them to victory once they fall behind."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a lot worse, but could be a lot better too. The BROWNS wordmark on the side of the pants feels extremely amateur. The drop shadow feels waaay too NCAA for my tastes, but at the end of the day, they could've been a whole lot worse. Best combos are brown jersey/orange pants, orange jersey/white pants, and white jersey/brown pants. That's all you need.

What I'd like to know is, which will be their primary (home) jersey?

Oh, and any time they wear the orange-monochrome look, every member of the CCSLC community must refer to them as the Cleveland Oranges for that Sunday. :P

spacer.png

0c8iY3r.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think some of you are overreacting, I think they look good.

I do wish they kept the old "orange" color tho and the home jersey, man I wish they kept the white Numbers and Text. That has to be my biggest peeve.

But besides that, I think it looks good. Good update, it's not like we're looking at the Jaguars or Buccaneers here.

Why all the anger over the stitching?

Its only noticeable if you look closely, otherwise it just adds something to an otherwise very simple design.

The CLEVELAND wordmark, I was totally against, until I saw it on the Uniform, and while a little NCAA, its not horrible either.

The BROWNS stripe... meh. I'd prefer a traditional one, but they are trying to attract new fans, and the kids today (under 35) grew up on the Oregonization of Football.

My 17 year old LOVES the entire look. Stripes, wordmarks, and even the leg BROWNS. My guess is if you are under 35, you will love it, if you are over, you'll feel this is the death of tradition.

If that's what it takes to get new fans, let LA have the team. Cleveland is done. It was built on a blue collar, expletive-the-future mentality that doesn't exist anymore.

Might as well rename the city. Cleveland is done.

I have a lot of things to describe you, but "Cleveland Fan" isn't one of them. If your gonna :censored: on the city itself just because the football team slightly changed the jerseys, get the hell away from Ohio.

/rant/clevejacked

spacer.png

This update is analogous to the Bills back in '02.

Both traditional uniforms altered in a way that still maintained a lot of traditional elements, but introduced seemingly needless elements (Browns: contrast stitching, shadow, font, leg wordmark. Bills: navy yoke, royal piping, a million outlines, nickel and navy added to helmet).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't like how on the Brown jersey, the stripe is OWO, while the number is WOW

the number is just orange with white drop shadow

Either way, the Orange and the White switch locations, which throws off the Brown jersey for me. Other two I like, but the Brown jersey I don't

Im not trying to sound like a d**k, but I honestly don't know what you mean by the white and orange switching locations

I have a real feeling that the pants are going to look pretty weird on the field especially with O-lineman who wear big knee braces. That will most likely stretch out the letters something awful. I grade them :censored: +.

Even in the reveal pictures, it's weird how you almost do not see the words on the Pants from the front views, but see it spelled out from the back views. I suspect that on the field, what you see of the "Browns" on the pants will really depend on the size of the player and the "cut/fit" of their pants.

Archived