New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take aways from the Browns message board I belong to.

Mostly positive reviews O/W/W and O/O/O most popular.

Majority likes Beowns on the pants.

At least "Beowns" on the pants would be kind of funny. Browns on the pants just looks weird.

the W stands for Wolf Grey, right? Terrible, terrible downgrade from white.

spacer.png

The pants devastate this uniform. Simple stripes, this wouldn't be bad at all. Those pants? It's like Jacksonville's helmet... Takes what would be a 4 to 5 star design down to a 0.5 star...

I like the Jags helmet. At least it's something new/different....it at least looks "fresh". The Browns word mark down the side of the pants looks VERY minor league. The whole uniform does. It looks outdated.

You can't be serious. The Jags' helmet is the ugliest uniform element in the history of sports.

Ugly is subjective. Personally I think they're cool. Not the best helmet ever but I still like them.

Okay then, but realize you're in the 1%...of people that think that helmet isn't garbage.

First reaction to the pants was "oh no" but I think it'll grow on me.

My main issue with wordmarks on the pants is usually the fact that it is the single element on the pants, and usually not nearly as large. I like that the portion of striping is there, and interesting that the stripes on the chest and pants have the little corner cutoff, kind of like the wordmarks/numbers (although the numbers are still kind of out of place).

I can't really say what my favorite is so far, I'm not too sure...

I will say that I thought the orange jersey would be my least favorite, but it's probably my favorite. I like the orange jersey, white pants, orange socks combo. I also like all white with orange socks (maybe my favorite).

I'm relatively disappointed that the brown leather-esque background pattern they were using on the "Dawg Pound" screen graphic (right before the unveil) wasn't the pattern that was ultimately used in the helmet striping.

I'm also not convinced that the helmet finish is the same... It could just be the deeper orange, though.

For what it's worth:

Helmet: 9/10 (Change that carbon fiber to leather texture, or no texture & it's a 10)

Jerseys: 8/10 (Orange numbers on the brown jersey keep it from being a 10)

Pants: 7/10 (Not sure about the wordmarks down the legs, but I like that the stripe detail is consistent, with the little notch being cut off the edge)

Socks: 8/10 (I had to include socks because they finally have orange socks!! I think it will help with balancing the color distribution with a few of the sets)

Colors: 10/10

Total: 42/50

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

O/B/O with standard pants stripe would be outstanding. I can't decide if I'd like "BROWNS" instead of "CLEVELAND" on the chest instead. Could've been a whole lot worse IMO. It's not Jacksonville. I'm glad they opted not to add a helmet logo. These aren't too bad except for the pants. Hopefully that won't last long.

mainescarf.png

The pants devastate this uniform. Simple stripes, this wouldn't be bad at all. Those pants? It's like Jacksonville's helmet... Takes what would be a 4 to 5 star design down to a 0.5 star...

I like the Jags helmet. At least it's something new/different....it at least looks "fresh". The Browns word mark down the side of the pants looks VERY minor league. The whole uniform does. It looks outdated.

You can't be serious. The Jags' helmet is the ugliest uniform element in the history of sports.

Until Today.

I'm fine with this look outside of the stitching, but I have a bad feeling about the pants. I can see it now: No stripes. "CLEVELAND" down one leg. "BROWNS" down the other. Orange socks with the orange pants, brown with the brown.

If they go conservative with the rest of the look tonight I'd probably say this is my favorite Nike rebrand, edging out the Vikings by one unnecessary black face mask.

Well, I (mostly) called it. Wish I was wrong.

Anyway, as with most modern NFL uniforms, so long as they don't match the socks and pants it will look decent enough. Oddly, my favorite combo is orange jersey, brown pants, orange socks.

Until Today.

A wordmark on football pants is not worse than a gradient helmet.

I would not be at all surprised if Cleveland Browns officials were behind the name on the legs, AND the big CLEVELAND on the chest.

I deal with people every day who just have to get their say in how a uniform is designed, and I usually pull out the birthday cake jersey, and say, "this is what happens when the customer doesn't listen to the person they area paying to make them look good".

Surely, you don't get a job designing at NIKE if you are a hack...

Until Today.

A wordmark on football pants is not worse than a gradient helmet.

Nor is it worse than reflective alarm clock numbers (a close second to the gradient helmet that isn't actually a gradient).

Couple reactions from twitter... Two guys in my 35 and under demo (that got picked apart yesterday) - one a former NFL player - both said the pants are their favorite part of the uniform. Personally, I hate it.

The best reaction was from a CLE-TMZ parody account: "Reasoning for giant CLEVELAND work mark and giant BROWNS on pants is to remind fans who is losing 27-3 every Sunday since the team finally updated their look."

Archived