New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And is it just me, but is that wordmark very similar to what the Browns had in their end one last season? I had a feeling that font was a preview of sorts if true...

Last year was just a generic Impact or New Zurica style font. The new word mark is reminiscent of it though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And is it just me, but is that wordmark very similar to what the Browns had in their end one last season? I had a feeling that font was a preview of sorts if true...

The font is close, but noticeably different. The endzone font was more rounded, most noticeable in the C's, B's, R's, and O's.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't have any issue with the helmet style they used in the logo. I don't care that it's not currently being used. I think it's a much more visually attractive helmet style than any that are currently used. That's essentially how a football helmet should look, while all the current helmets have ridges and swoops to help brand them and give the manufacturer free advertising increase player safety and stuff.

Besides, that helmet style is the same style which the NFL still uses for all teams in its graphics. If anything, it would look weird for them to have a Revo Speed official logo, but then still have a generic logo for NFL use alongside other teams' helmet logos.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Now it's time to debunk this. Did I see the new logo early or was it an error? I saw this around Christmas and never saw it again.

SxzXARw.jpg

The color is the old orange, so probably a mistake. If those were the new sleeve stripes I could live with that, though I'd prefer they flip them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

uTyMvxb.jpg

They should just a logo like this without a face mask -- just color it/stripe it accordingly. This way they don't need to change the logo time and time again to stay consistent with the face mask they're using at the time (white, grey, brown)... Also, so this kind of letdown can be avoided in the future.

The Browns just trolled the world.

Honestly I do think the Browns should use a helmet as their logo, that's their main identifying feature, but they had all this build up for a RECOLOR. I think the helmet is a slight downgrade, the orange is kinda nice but a bit too, um, bright? And I prefer the grey facemask, but brown is better than something silly like orange or chrome or white (which I think looks incredibly tacky and stuck in the 70's)

Well done. I hope this is literally the only change they make. Score one victory for the Anti-Grey Facemask Coalition (AGFC)! Now let's just hope that thing isn't chromed out.

we did get some Nike-ese with their "the orange was made more rich to match the passion of our fans". Can they one time release something and just say "we liked this orange better than the last year and made a conscious design decision to use this moving forward because we think it looks better"? Why does every change require some bull$h!t? They'd get less grief from me.

I prefer white facemasks for that helmet, but I guess brown works for all the same reasons that white does.

So I'm now far less nervous for the uniforms. The helmet survived Nike's chew em up s*** em out system of design mostly in tact and some would say better. Gives me hope that they didn't mess them up too bad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't have any issue with the helmet style they used in the logo. I don't care that it's not currently being used. I think it's a much more visually attractive helmet style than any that are currently used. That's essentially how a football helmet should look, while all the current helmets have ridges and swoops to help brand them and give the manufacturer free advertising increase player safety and stuff.

Besides, that helmet style is the same style which the NFL still uses for all teams in its graphics. If anything, it would look weird for them to have a Revo Speed official logo, but then still have a generic logo for NFL use alongside other teams' helmet logos.

which is why i think something like this could've fit nicely.

browns2.png

Would've been timeless. A "caricature" of a helmet if you will.

For :censored:'s sake, Cleveland. You had a perfect opportunity to introduce a proper logo, and you absolutely dropped the ball.

As for my opinions?

Helmet: I'm glad that it stayed (almost) the same, but if they were going to change the facemask, I was hoping that it would be white.

Dawg Pound logo: As Chris said, it looks like it belongs to a minor league baseball team. Lame.

Wordmark: I'm not a fan of that typeface. I prefer the serifed wordmark.

Archived