New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because something could have been much much worse doesn't make it good.

I think it is good, myself.

OK, so it could have been worse but could have been better. What should it have been?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

"a new orange color that matches the passion of the Dawg Pound" or the frustration of the fans since 1964.

Gotta love marketing-speak, right?

Our updated helmet logo is reflective of today's modern Cleveland - the design honors the past while evolving into the future. The iconic brown and white stripes stand tall over the orange helmet - a new orange color that matches the passion of the Dawg Pound. The new brown facemask represents the strength and toughness of Cleveland.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

So I am trying to figure out why everyone is so upset.

Is it...

A. The changes themselves?

----A.1 The brown mask?

----A.2 The lack of change?

----A.3 The change to the orange?

B. The amount of hype for almost no change?

If it's "B", I do think it's odd...they could have slapped a brown mask on the helmet and had us chattering during their training camp and/or first pre-season game. They probably did not need to make a big thing of it.

But as someone above pointed out..."phew"

I wouldn't say people are upset....maybe "underwhelmed" based on all of the hype and rumors out there. The updated helmet logo doesn't bother me. I kind of expected something like that, maybe with another logo better than the new Dawg Pound one. But I look at this and am now thinking that maybe the unis will only have minor changes like the helmet. So that could be a good thing.

gYH2mW9.png

Is it...

----A.1 The brown mask?

If it's "B", I do think it's odd...they could have slapped a brown mask on the helmet and had us chattering during their training camp and/or first pre-season game. They probably did not need to make a big thing of it.

I think people are disappointed because everyone was ready to rip the hell out of it with puke smileys and reaction gifs. Since all they revealed was a brown face mask and new orange, there isn't much to gripe about.

Me personally, I was expecting far worse and to be honest, it's not the worst of things. The facemask alone is an improvement.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Is it...

----A.1 The brown mask?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Are people just upset that there isn't much change? The fact that they only changed the facemask and updated the dog makes me feel better that they won't screw up the uniforms. The brown facemask is definitely better than gray and I think it will probably look better than white did. The new dog logo isn't great, but it won't really matter if it's used the same amount as the old logo. I actually found it kind of funny that they hyped this up only to unveil a helmet with a brighter orange and brown facemask.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is it...

----A.1 The brown mask?

I guess people are mad about the hype for minor detail changes.

When the Vikings modified their logo there was no lead up. I just remembering seeing a subtle tweet out of nowhere that said "The Vikings have enhanced their logo" and after I immediately screamed "nooooooooooo" seconds like later I was like "oh ok, nice update. Even a nostalgic person who hates changes like me can live with this. Most people won't even notice it changed."

If the Browns unveil was similar to how the Vikings did it then maybe people wouldn't be as mad. But there's no reason to be mad about the actual logo change unless you actually wanted Cleveland to change their logo from the helmet and/or hate colored facemasks.

Bad news: The helmet is still the logo. Dawg Pound logo is a downgrade from previous dog logo.

Good news: The new shade of orange, no drastic helmet changes. Highly indicative of more of a Vikings/Dolphins-esque uniform update. IOW, pretty much else.

I'm willing to toss the logo for the sake of the uniforms, though a display logo a la the Eagles, Rams, and Vikings would've been nice.

EDIT: NVM, uniforms to be "bolder departure from the past" per Browns brass. :/

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The dog logo blows, besides that this is fine.

I find it seriously hilarious how much hype and overblown feeling there was for such a tiny change, only with the goddamned Cleveland Browns...

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

So, when are they unveiling the actual new logo?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived