New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The stripe got wider too

FY9ClaL.gif

Good catch. So "modern".

So...

They ditched the gray facemask but are adding gray to the color scheme?

Still have no primary logo?

and the new Dawg Pound logo only works on orange backdrops?

Are they definitely adding grey though?

EDIT: Oh hello Grossi tweet. #gunmetalgray

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one less gray facemask in the NFL I am happy about that.

Absolutely!

Either white or brown is perfect for the Browns and I'm thrilled they picked one of those.

I love the new helmet...expect it to be metallic or have a matte/glowing effect and really pop on TV and under the lights. I did not want the Browns to stray from the classic logoless helmet and dump their identity. I'm relived.

Now that "dawg" logo...it's horrible but I doubt it will appear anywhere on the uniform.

87Redskins.png

Count me in the "glad this wasn't some art school disaster" camp. Yes a helmet may stink for a primary, but you don't have a lot of options with the name Browns that doesn't also privilege a band of drunken a-holes.

Granted they still get their secondary logo, but if it isn't used that much it's ok. Also the Nike marketingtalk is bad, but at this point that's not changing short of a bloody purge of their marketing consultants, so that's just something we'll have to live with.

the fact that people like us waited months for this is our fault not theirs

Bingo.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I like the brown face mask and the new orange. But I'm shocked they didn't use a modern helmet template. That would've been my guess, but oh well, that's the Browns.

Also the Dawg Pound logo is disappointing.

THIS.

They've used different helmet templates in the past, but somehow this one has survived since 1992. It was fine then, but it looks dated now. If you want a modern evolution of your traditional brand elements, why would you NOT use a modern helmet template? Oh, because you're the Browns and you can't even be trusted to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Or, because 1) the modern helmet shapes are proprietary designs of those companies, so the Browns would have to pay Riddell for every time the logo appeared on a t-shirt; and 2) literally every other NFL team has a logo in this template, so it would be silly for them to create a new Revo Speed logo (which would be dated in 5 years) while also having the NFL-mandated logo in the current style to match all other teams'.

Plus, this traditional, normal helmet shape looks better as a logo than the Revo...it looks horrible on field and even worse in logo form.

ClevelandBrownsOpt1_zps68023c2c.jpg

87Redskins.png

103430.png

I love this song so much. That bridge! I headbang to it. You could add "absolutely nothing's changed" today. Haha.

The other baffling thing is that helmet doesn't exist today, so they are going out of their way to not be contemporary, but also not be traditional. Just a silly decision.

So your logo is a helmet, but not one that anyone on the team will wear. Just doesn't make sense.

They might be better off using a 2-D, single-bar helmet as their primary logo. That way, it's a true throwback, not just the outdated helmet template from the '90s.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the brown face mask and the new orange. But I'm shocked they didn't use a modern helmet template. That would've been my guess, but oh well, that's the Browns.

Also the Dawg Pound logo is disappointing.

THIS.

They've used different helmet templates in the past, but somehow this one has survived since 1992. It was fine then, but it looks dated now. If you want a modern evolution of your traditional brand elements, why would you NOT use a modern helmet template? Oh, because you're the Browns and you can't even be trusted to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Woah, chill out. I said a modern template logo (or at least something stylized) would have been my guess on what the Browns would do, not what I would prefer. If anything, I would've liked to see a 60s'-80s' helmet, kinda like the concept someone posted a few pages back. My main issue with keeping the same angle and template and whatnot, is that it is the exact same as the NFL guide. To me, it is somewhat lazy, but in the sense, still technically a logo.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Idk the dog logo doesn't look right on white. Needs more color.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it made it onto the uniforms. Maybe on the back above the NOB or on the inside collar? "pay homage to the fans" blah blah blah...

I think I said something many pages back about the Browns remedy to having no logo, was to reveal no logo.

I get it, the helmet is iconic and unique. So is the Bengals and Steelers, but they still have actual primary logos. A helmet illustration pulled from the style guide isn't a logo. When the people of Cleveland asked the team not to touch the helmet I'm thinking they meant the ones on the field, not the logo. I'm not even a fan, but the lack of an actual visual identity off the field just bugs the hell out of me.

My biggest complaint is that they didn't try to do anything different with the helmet to make it more like a logo. If they are going to the grave with that imagery, then do something a bit more abstract that evokes the helmet. We've seen many logos like that in the past few days. I don't get this at all.

Now it's time to debunk this. Did I see the new logo early or was it an error? I saw this around Christmas and never saw it again.

SxzXARw.jpg

I was going to go back and find this, so thanks for re-posting.

Hard to say from one photo if the orange is different, but once they went to a brown facemask I thought of this hat immediately.

103430.png

I love this song so much. That bridge! I headbang to it. You could add "absolutely nothing's changed" today. Haha.

The other baffling thing is that helmet doesn't exist today, so they are going out of their way to not be contemporary, but also not be traditional. Just a silly decision.

So your logo is a helmet, but not one that anyone on the team will wear. Just doesn't make sense.

They might be better off using a 2-D, single-bar helmet as their primary logo. That way, it's a true throwback, not just the outdated helmet template from the '90s.

I'd love it.

Paint this at midfield:

5lp6k5.jpg

87Redskins.png

What should have been a defining day for the franchise... turned out to be the perpetuation of a joke that this franchise has been. We are removing the gray facemask, but infusing it into the uniforms.

They've done, done it again. Every 3 months, this franchise does something stupid, and the fans keep coming back.

And again... the "at least they didn't screw it up" argument is bogus. Screwing it up but TRYING is easier for me to swallow than not trying at all.

Archived