Observation about Arena League

Soundwave721

I was bored the other day and decided to watch some AFL on ESPN3 and noticed that a large percentage of the league wears Black uniforms at home. I mean thats alright and all if you're a football team with Black as a main color, but oh my god more than half the home teams wear black.

2irapgg.png

I mean you would think they would TRY to differentiate teams a little bit. Can you imagine if half the home uniforms in the NFL were Black? This league also makes me question the variety of the Russell Athletic uniform catalogue. There has to be more diverse uniform templates to choose from.

Also, I want to find whoever thought this was a good idea and slap them

2qvs3ds.png

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot Cleveland and Philadelphia, through Philly is technically dark gray. It's amazing how many use that as their base. The annoying part is San Antonio's original colors of royal blue, red and silver would stand out so much better with their current uniform set.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You forgot Cleveland and Philadelphia, through Philly is technically dark gray. It's amazing how many use that as their base. The annoying part is San Antonio's original colors of royal blue, red and silver would stand out so much better with their current uniform set.

Oh, I forgot about Cleveland. Philly's uniform used to be black, but is now teal and dark grey so it doesn't count.

The VooDoo had such a great look back in their first iteration when Tom Benson owned the team. Purple helmet and jersey and white pants. Black was an accent color used less than red or gold. They have a fantastic secondary logo they rarely ever use. Apparently the owner's wife doesn't like that logo and prefers the black unis so they go with that.

gYH2mW9.png

I was bored the other day and decided to watch some AFL on ESPN3 and noticed that a large percentage of the league wears Black uniforms at home. I mean thats alright and all if you're a football team with Black as a main color, but oh my god more than half the home teams wear black.

2irapgg.png

I mean you would think they would TRY to differentiate teams a little bit. Can you imagine if half the home uniforms in the NFL were Black? This league also makes me question the variety of the Russell Athletic uniform catalogue. There has to be more diverse uniform templates to choose from.

Also, I want to find whoever thought this was a good idea and slap them

2qvs3ds.png

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section.

The Barnstormers are one team that would look amazing with the faux leather look the Redskins used.

So here's the new uniforms from this weekend:

Cleveland went with the Georgia Tech bubble wrap uniforms with the CG logo repeated over and over on eh sleeves and upper back.

Orlando went with the new Western Kentucky uniform style to include the numbers with slashes added to it.

Pittsburgh's yellow helmet has a stripe meant to sit on the crown of the Revo Speed helmet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think this is the first year the Predators have had matte black helmets. Nothing special there but i still havent found a decent pic of their new jerseys. Unless i missed it their own site dosent even have a photo gallery.

To the original topic, it is strange that so many of those teams have adopted black as a primary or secondary color. Yet, it isnt, i mean if the tackiest trends and heavy use of black to promote a "badass attitude" were going to go anywhere it was the AFL. Its a league that isnt doing so well and i think these are some hail marys being thrown up in order to sell and appeal to their audience. And poor Russel Athletic just isnt helping anyone weather these are catalog ordered unis or custom designed (KISS) theres probably 2 decent unis in the whole legue. And even when they were good/lucky enough to strike gold on an amazing design, the Barnstormers changed the color of their helmet. Whole thing is a mess

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived