Qatar 2022 World Cup Discussion

Brian in Boston

15 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Then he said that he knows what it's like to be discriminated because he got bullied as a kid for having red hair & freckles.

The legacy of this WC will just be the new "I had a black friend, once" as bad excuse generator. I didn't think Infantino was as, let's call it "blasé about the optics" as Sepp Blatter was, but I guess that's no longer the case. The funny thing is that he's almost making a good point, but the fact that he is making this speech at all represents such a massive moral failure on FIFA's part. A soccer tournament should not even be in the conversation with human rights crises of the past! This is a low bar to clear, you idiot!

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

17 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

Home field advantage amiright :)?

Aaaaaaaand Ecuador scores this time it counts! Enner Valencia via a penalty kick!

Former West Ham United and current Fenerbahce player.

Edited by TrueYankee26
Thanks waltere for pointing out it was Enner not Antonio Valencia
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Former Manchester United and Wigan player

That would be the now-retired Antonio Valencia, this is Enner Valencia - who used to play for West Ham

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

That disallowed goal isn’t a good look for FIFA. What an egregious call and of course it was to the benefit of Qatar. 

Qatar looks absolutely terrible. Easily one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen at a World Cup. Hope they get blown out when they play Netherlands and Senegal too.

• Like 6

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Ecuador clearly outclassed Qatar. The empty seats in the stadium in the second half speak volumes to Qatar's dismal play  on the pitch. Qatar is the first ever host nation to lose their opening match in the World Cup. 

Perfect analysis for my 6,666 post.

• Like 2

What a stupid location for the World Cup.

Can't the wealthiest among us just have secret fight leagues or something? Why do they have to mess up our sports leagues? Can't we have anything nice?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What a POS world cup. One day in and it's already exhausting.

Watching sports shouldn't require this much moral sacrifice.

• Like 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I wanted to change "sacrifice" to "compromise," because I meant the second word.

But still, you're probably right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I wanted to change "sacrifice" to "compromise," because I meant the second word.

But still, you're probably right.

I only watch soccer at World Cup time. I'm not anti-soccer, it's just not my game.

I'll have USA v. Wales on while working tomorrow.  Beyond that, I have no idea of the schedule. 

It's where I sit.

36 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I only watch soccer at World Cup time. I'm not anti-soccer, it's just not my game.

I'll have USA v. Wales on while working tomorrow.  Beyond that, I have no idea of the schedule. 

I work from home and have a meeting during the first hour of the game. I'll probably catch the second half.

Idk... The whole run-up to the Qatar World Cup (with the slave labor and deaths) really sucked, and now that it's here, it still sucks.

I just want to watch my team play. But it's become more than that, and it sucks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I work from home and have a meeting during the first hour of the game. I'll probably catch the second half.

Idk... The whole run-up to the Qatar World Cup (with the slave labor and deaths) really sucked, and now that it's here, it still sucks.

I just want to watch my team play. But it's become more than that, and it sucks.

Honest question - if we don't watch, will it change anything? I'm not sure it does, which is why I'll likely watch.

It's where I sit.