Nashville

New York

Orlando

Philly

SF Lego Stadium

Seattle (!!)

Baltimore

Wow!

Unfortunately those are the candidate cities, not the final cities. No Edmonton among the final cities. ☹️ Our bid went on life support when Vancouver jumped back in, and was officially killed when the provincial government tied their funding to some pretty unreasonable demands (minimum 5 games, including at least 2 in the knockout rounds).

Final cities:

Canada:

Edmonton

Toronto

Vancouver

Mexico:

Guadalajara

Mexico City

Monterrey

USA:

Atlanta

Boston

Cincinnati

Dallas

Denver

Houston

Kansas City

Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium)

Miami

Nashville

New York/New Jersey

Orlando

Philadelphia

San Francisco (Levi's Stadium)

Seattle 

Washington D.C./Baltimore

Edited by officeglenn

1 minute ago, officeglenn said:

Unfortunately those are the candidate cities, not the final cities. No Edmonton among the final cities. ☹️ Our bid went on life support when Vancouver jumped back in, and was officially killed when the provincial government tied their funding to some pretty unreasonable demands (minimum 5 games, including at least 2 in the knockout rounds).

Oh man, sorry. The announcement was taking forever and I saw that tweet linked to elsewhere.

Seattle is 100 percent in though, so selfishly, I'm excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

FT?

Also, WTF is Boston doing there? Baltimore would have been better.

EDIT:

Concise list:

1. Vancouver

2. Seattle

3. San Francisco

4. Los Angeles

5. Guadalajara

6. Kansas City

7. Dallas

8. Atlanta

9. Houston

10. Monterrey

11. Mexico City

12. Toronto

13. Boston

14. Philadelphia

15. Miami

16. New York/New Jersey

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

KC doesn't have a lot of tourists?

Apparently 25,000,000 or so people visit here annually. Pretty sure they’re counting layovers at KCI, but it’s been bad enough with the new people coming in buying up houses and thanks to this, it’ll get worse. 

The local Chamber of Commerce has a boner three times as large as normal but the average person is going to suffer. 

15 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Great, looking forward to all the FTs invading. Thanks FIFA.

Speaking as a resident of one of the cities that was not selected, that's a pretty good problem to have. 

2 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Speaking as a resident of one of the cities that was not selected, that's a pretty good problem to have. 

I’ll consider it a good thing if I can afford a ticket to a match. Until then, it’s just a pain in the ass that I’m going to deal with for a month. I am happy on some level but I am really not looking forward to even more people moving here.

Here are the cities ranked by World City rating which can be seen as a good indicator of tourist desirability. KC is definitely an outlier.

New York: A++
Los Angeles: A
Mexico City: A
Toronto: A
Boston: A-
San Francisco: A-
Atlanta: B+
Dallas: B+
Houston: B+
Miami: B+
Vancouver: B+
Philadelphia: B
Seattle: B
Monterrey: B-
Guadalajara: C+
Kansas City: C-

Most notable cities left out by this ranking: Chicago (A), Montreal (A-), D.C. (B+) Denver (B), Austin, Calgary, Detroit, Minneapolis, San Diego, Tampa (all B-)

We got the nomination because we have a lot of facilities teams can use. Also, we’ve actually had a solid soccer tradition since the 80s. And knowing FIFA, I wouldn’t put bribery out of the question.

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

Super happy SoFi is gonna host the World Cup! I’d imagine that SoFi along with JerryWorld and MetLife in New York, are the main candidates to host the opening match and the Final. 

Also, super thrilled for Seattle and Atlanta to get the opportunity to host. They are well deserving of it. 

I’m going to a game in SoFi for the World Cup no matter what. It should be an amazing experience. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 minutes ago, Needschat said:

Homers in D.C. are whining that no games will be played in the nation's capital.

Well, the crap stadium in Landover is the reason, plus even FIFA things Daniel Snyder is bad for business! 

That's probably the biggest shocker, but by the same token, has Dan Snyder put a dime into that stadium?

It was a meh venue when it opened, but it's getting Oakland Coliseum bad in terms of condition. I've seen pictures of plumbing leaks during games, party decks sitting empty, issues with draining the field, tarps and empty space in the upper deck where seats used to be.

I'm not sure I wouldn't rather play at RFK Stadium as it exists now than play at FedEx Field.

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ecuador spent two years trying to make sure he was eligible., Chile should have said something before May. 

Why is it the onus of Chile and not the governing body of the competition or the very least the Conmebol

I'm sure it's three years with international competitions, not up on all the FIFA rules.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

42 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Apparently 25,000,000 or so people visit here annually. Pretty sure they’re counting layovers at KCI, but it’s been bad enough with the new people coming in buying up houses and thanks to this, it’ll get worse. 

The local Chamber of Commerce has a boner three times as large as normal but the average person is going to suffer. 

Not just annually.

EDPrdUO.jpg

• LOL 8

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, LMU said:

Not just annually.

EDPrdUO.jpg

That’s kind of where I got that stat from. The anal part is a photoshop but why let the truth get on the way of a good story?

Also, Kansas City Star article on how Kansas City got the Cup.

tl;dr: Kansas City apparently wanted it more than any other city. And has a bunch of nice new digs like a women’s soccer-specific stadium and a new training center. And maybe a part of the city’s slush fund. 

Edited by Red Comet
Added News Article