Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

The Hawks red jersey is the best in the league, no doubt. Not really a fan of the white just because it's very bland and there is too much black and white from a distance.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't see the love for the Blackhawks logo/uniform. Sure, the uniforms are pretty good I guess, but why do people think the logo is "the best in hockey" or "the best in all sports?" It's too busy, there are too many colors going on, and it just looks dated.

"Too busy," "too many colors," "looks dated"

This coming from a guy who roots for a team with 4 colors in it's palette splattered on a uniform with early 2000's random piping and motion swatches.

I was simply talking about the logo when I said it was "too busy," had "too many colors," and "looks dated." I agree with you, the Blues would benefit from simplifying their color palette, but the logo isn't too busy. The Blackhawks logo has what, 8 different colors going on? I just think it's too chaotic. To be quite honest, I don't see the problem with the Blues uniforms. They're not great, no, but they're not awful like say the Capitals or Penguins.

The "neon indian" or "chief blackhawk" or whatever you want to call it is definitely kind of color-loaded but that's what makes it unique. If you look at concepts where the blackhawks' crest is simplified it looks really bizarre, IMHO.

The Blues uniforms suck. The Caps and Pens are similarly crappy, yes, but the Blues, like the Flames, have some cool colors/logos that are wasted on a uniform that went through the Reebok Goof Machine.

I just have a weird thing where I don't like it when teams use more than 5 colors in their logo and then only 2 in their uniforms, especially in a sport like hockey where the logo is so prominently displayed.

I understand where you're coming from as the Blues do need to go back to their 1979-1984 look (and hopefully they do something like that in the update) but their uniforms don't make me angry every time I see them on the ice like some other teams' do.

I honestly don't see the love for the Blackhawks logo/uniform. Sure, the uniforms are pretty good I guess, but why do people think the logo is "the best in hockey" or "the best in all sports?" It's too busy, there are too many colors going on, and it just looks dated.

The shoulder logo is overrated. The tomahawks are forming an X over the C. They're crossing it out! Why are you crossing out your own city?

no-sign-x-md.png

On the RDS intermission show, they're complaining that the Habs are too tired...I don't care but after 4 periods of play everyone is tired. They're saying that since they had so many days off the should be fresh.

Sometimes I wonder who these guys think players are? A player who hasn't played competitively in almost 2 weeks is supposed to play 4 periods in a row apparently.

1zqy8ok.gif

On the RDS intermission show, they're complaining that the Habs are too tired...I don't care but after 4 periods of play everyone is tired. They're saying that since they had so many days off the should be fresh.

Sometimes I wonder who these guys think players are? A player who hasn't played competitively in almost 2 weeks is supposed to play 4 periods in a row apparently.

This is all via their producer who is in their ears encouraging them to push a narrative that he/she has chosen for this particular game or segment. They base their camera shots on this. It's a lot more obvious in the NFL.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's RDS, so we expect a more provincial flavor of intellectual dishonesty, like how the Habs wouldn't be so tired if they weren't so full of fat lazy Americans or moody Eastern Europeans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, when you factor in that the shot came five seconds into the power play, it's poetry in motion. Couldn't have executed the sequence more perfectly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

At least your commentators and pundits up there know (mostly) what the hell they're talking about. Hearing half the radio guys on WEEI try to talk hockey is absolutely cringe worthy.

If my favorite team can't win, at least I can hope for a great game and that's what I got. This is gonna be a great series.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

At least your commentators and pundits up there know (mostly) what the hell they're talking about. Hearing half the radio guys on WEEI try to talk hockey is absolutely cringe worthy.

If my favorite team can't win, at least I can hope for a great game and that's what I got. This is gonna be a great series.

Oh... I think this will go 7 games. I have a feeling each team will win on the road to make it 2-2 going into game 5. From there I hope we can steal one...I think we will but that is purely a hope and not a prediction

My only prediction is that this will be the greatest playoff series the NHL has had in the past 5 years.

1zqy8ok.gif

Not a WBZ fan?

Edit: not to say the Sports Hub knows more but it is the lesser of two evils

I have decided that the Canadiens will be the team I root for in the rest of the playoffs. I like their team. I like their uniforms. I like their history. I like Montreal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived