Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Most Obnoxious Crowd of 2014 Playoffs

✓ Minnesota

☐ St. Louis

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reminds me, I'm happy that the NHL has stuck to calling this the Second Round or Conference Semifinals rather than the Division Finals.

Makes it a little easier to sort through.

I agree. The Division crown (and President's Trophy) is and should be won in the regular season, and the only things that should be won in the playoffs are the Conference Championships, and the Cup.

The Penguins are still this year's Metropolitan Division Champions, and the Rangers are just simply in the 3rd round/Conference Finals.

Most Obnoxious Crowd of 2014 Playoffs

✓ Minnesota

☐ St. Louis

Yeah, what kind of dinguses do the singsong goalie chant in a scoreless game?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just have this feeling Minnesota is going to score in the last minute of the third period or within the first minute of the first OT, and forcing a Game 7. Anything other than that I see the 'Hawks taking the series.

Enjoy "CRAWWWWFORRDD"ing your way through the off-season you bunch of jerkoffs. Good riddance.

Wvgy9Wx.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So, since we were on that topic of Chicago's Game 6 escapades with 3-2 series leads, here reads a breakdown of any, if any, OT games in that span:

R1/G6/'09 - no

R2/G6/'09 - no

R1/G6/'10 - no

R2/G6/'10 - no

R4/G6/'10 - yes

R4/G6/'13 - no

R1/G6/'14 - no

That one OT game was settled on a Patrick Kane goal that had some initial confusion of whether the puck entered the net or not. Go figure, the second time this occurence rolls around, the same type of thing happens.

Of course, Patrick Kane also scored the OT, series-winning goal for Chicago against Los Angeles in Game 5 last year, too. Three times Kane has done this. Remarkable stuff from #88.

spacer.png

Chicago is an eerie team. Everything they've done these playoffs have had some sort of connection or similarity to past playoffs or trends.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

In 2012 vs. New Jersey, Ilya Bryzgalov surrendered the ultimate series-determining goal when an attempted pass deflected off David Clarkson's leg and right back through Bryzgalov's five-hole.

Now, the goal tonight was not his fault in any way, shape, or form; he didn't cause that weird bounce off the stanchion and it was a no-chancer save, but talk about another weird goal to surrender to ultimately be a series-deciding goal against his team.

spacer.png

Chicago is an eerie team. Everything they've done these playoffs have had some sort of connection or similarity to past playoffs or trends.

It's "the Toews/Kane era" for a reason.

Rooting for the Kings now, whose number the Hawks have had as of late.

Time for the Wild to get to work in the off-season so they can clinch a wildcard in Game 82!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Since 2013, the Blackhawks are 6-0 in games with a player suspended: Keith 1, Seabrook 3, Bollig 2. Handzus, you're up.

Also, of the eight game-winning goals thus far, seven are from Toews or Kane.

Penguins eliminated?

tumblr_mb6vsaRrNP1rhubw5o1_500.gif

and I'm not even mad it was by the Rangers.Of course I don't have an irrational hatred of the Rangers. SO if they do make it to the SCF instead of Montreal. I'm OK with that. I can't bring myself to cheer for the Bruins, Hawks or Kings.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Don't you have a doomsday clock to update?

Yeah...Photobucket is acting like a piece of s#it right now, so I'm stuck with the current sig.

Since 2013, the Blackhawks are 6-0 in games with a player suspended: Keith 1, Seabrook 3, Bollig 2. Handzus, you're up.

Also, of the eight game-winning goals thus far, seven are from Toews or Kane.

God damnit, man. Honestly, how the hell are the 'Hawks so damn good from Game 4-onwards in every series they're involved in the last couple of years? It's a reign of terror they got there in Chicago, and it creeps the hell out of everyone else.

Enjoy "CRAWWWWFORRDD"ing your way through the off-season you bunch of jerkoffs. Good riddance.

Wvgy9Wx.gif

A LOT of crowds do this why are the Wild fans so much worse? It happens a lot to many other goalies, just get over it doesn't hurt you at all so no reason to call us jerkoffs. Be a proud fan of the winning team, don't be a poor winner.

spacer.png

Archived