2014 NFL Draft

Soarindude

So Marcus Smith, the guy the eagles took in the first round for some reason, said even he was surprised to get a call saying he was drafted because he thought second or possibly even third round. Way to go, Eagles.

Ironically, he came to Louisville as a QB, but moved to defense because of Bridgewater. 3 years later, he ends up getting drafted above the guy who he couldn't unseat in college.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing Teddy Bridgewater and Calvin Pryor in the 1st round is not a surprise. However, I still can't believe that Marcus Smith was drafted in the first round. I seriously thought he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick and when the Eagles picked him with the 26th, it blew my mind. 3 Louisville players in the 1st round is not bad for a basketball school (Tied with Texas A&M for most 1st round picks). :P For any Vikings fan in the board, Teddy is a class act on and off the field. I hope you guys enjoy having him in Minnesota w/ Adrian Peterson because he's going to be a special player in his own right.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

So does Cleveland try to make sure they get lee with the 4th pick in the 2nd round?? Give manziel WR's/TE's of Cameron, little and lee?? And any other team that needs a WR might want to ask buffalo what they like for Stevie Johnson. They now have Watkins, traded for Williams and drafted Robert woods last year.

Seeing Teddy Bridgewater and Calvin Pryor in the 1st round is not a surprise. However, I still can't believe that Marcus Smith was drafted in the first round. I seriously thought he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick and when the Eagles picked him with the 26th, it blew my mind. 3 Louisville players in the 1st round is not bad for a basketball school (Tied with Texas A&M for most 1st round picks). :P For any Vikings fan in the board, Teddy is a class act on and off the field. I hope you guys enjoy having him in Minnesota w/ Adrian Peterson because he's going to be a special player in his own right.

Raysfan,

How tough is Bridgewater? I am worried that playing outside for the next two years in freezing temperatures will take a toll on him as he will be getting drilled by the Packers, Lions and Bears.

spacer.png

Raysfan,

How tough is Bridgewater? I am worried that playing outside for the next two years in freezing temperatures will take a toll on him as he will be getting drilled by the Packers, Lions and Bears.

He took some shots in college, i dont think durability will be much of an issue

I could see the Browns doing something like trading Manziel for more draft picks...

You're crazy if you think that's true.

Same team that traded Trent Richardson and tried to trade away Josh Gordon, Jordon Cameron and Joe Thomas last season.

I could see the Browns doing something like trading Manziel for more draft picks...

Same team that traded Trent Richardson and tried to trade away Josh Gordon, Jordon Cameron and Joe Thomas last season.

Under a different GM wasn't it?

The general consensus is that Cleveland made out like bandits from the Richardson trade. It doesn't matter how high he was drafted since it was stupid to draft an RB that early anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Raysfan,

He took some shots in college, i dont think durability will be much of an issue

If he can play with a broken wrist and a sprained ankle against Rutgers 2 years ago, then durability isn't an issue.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

The relationship with the NFL and pot will never end. Players prefer it to alcohol since it doesn't give them a hangover and it helps to relieve the pain/stress. Plus a lot of them smoked because they enjoyed the :censored: out of it like a lot of, ya know, regular-ass humans.

Suspending a guy 16 games for it is braindead. Kneejerk crap to send a message which will fall deafly upon all ears.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The relationship with the NFL and pot will never end. Players prefer it to alcohol since it doesn't give them a hangover and it helps to relieve the pain/stress. Plus a lot of them smoked because they enjoyed the :censored: out of it like a lot of, ya know, regular-ass humans.

Suspending a guy 16 games for it is braindead. Kneejerk crap to send a message which will fall deafly upon all ears.

He is a repeat offender, failed 2 tests in the NFL and about 4 in college. All of the suspensions he's had haven't worked so far

He is a repeat offender, failed 2 tests in the NFL and about 4 in college. All of the suspensions he's had haven't worked so far

I'm not saying he's not a dumbass, but I don't see how Roesthlisberger gets 6 games for raping someone and Ray Rice can beat the piss out of his wife and not get punished (yet, but there's always prison), yet Gordon gets a full season for smoking trees.

Hypocrisy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived