Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Although a few pages back, the Bucks or their pro shop said that there would not be an alternate (mentioned via Twitter). Fingers crossed that they're having second thoughts about a black uniform. For what it's worth, they still have a "TBA" in the Adidas catalog under one of the Alternate umbrellas.

That was a smoke screen...Uniwatch and MULTIPLE sources confirmed...a 3rd jersey...Adidas catalog too as you recognize. Of course a pro shop gonna say that, because they want to wait for the release/permission. Same could be said about fans asking JJ Abrams if Benedict Cumberbatch is "Khan" in the last Star Trek..and he said No many times..but what happened...he was Khan.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I'm glad the Bucks are putting their foot down. The fact that they are covering the cost to replace it is a nice move, so I don't see why the woman in the article is acting like the school's a victim. I also don't see how the other guy could actually say the logos aren't that much alike when they clearly are. I wish more pro/NCAA teams would do this although I'm sure tons of people would act like they are being bullies.

The Bucks can afford to be generous. Scott Walker just bought them a new arena.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, the Bucks are being uncommonly generous here. Good for them, because they absolutely don't have to do anything for the school which stole their logo.

But with their desire to become "Wisconsin's Team" and ingratiate themselves to the entire state, it's makes sense from a PR perspective to pay for the court and be nice about the situation. Stamping your foot down on a local high school wouldn't gain then many fans.

Although a few pages back, the Bucks or their pro shop said that there would not be an alternate (mentioned via Twitter). Fingers crossed that they're having second thoughts about a black uniform. For what it's worth, they still have a "TBA" in the Adidas catalog under one of the Alternate umbrellas.

Go to the NBA changes thread...there is now a pic up in which you can clearly see the Bucks alternate, which is black with the deer head on the front. Kind of hard to tell but it also looks like there are numbers inside the antlers. Rainbow pattern appears to be the same as on the home and road.

Just saw that. :(

Between the lying on Twitter and BFBS, I have a feeling I'm not going to like them.

Told ya bro...people on these boards have a lot more "stroke" than you know..we know a lot more than we should :D

As far as you liking them...don't let a little rain cloud your judgement. I'm sure they will look nice.

shado_logo.gif

But why lie? That's the frustrating thing.

Also: UniWatch has seen it?? That's news to me.

When they tweeted that, I thought it was a response to someone asking if an alternate was going to be unveiled at the same time as the home and road unis. They likely didn't want to jeopardize sales of those by confirming the existence of a not-yet-released alternate. They could have worded it better, but I don't remember them ever saying "we're never having an alternate".

But why lie? That's the frustrating thing.

Also: UniWatch has seen it?? That's news to me.

When they tweeted that, I thought it was a response to someone asking if an alternate was going to be unveiled at the same time as the home and road unis. They likely didn't want to jeopardize sales of those by confirming the existence of a not-yet-released alternate. They could have worded it better, but I don't remember them ever saying "we're never having an alternate".

Now that the Bucks should be a factor in the Eastern Conference for the next several years, maybe there is a chance of seeing more than 1 alternate in the future.

If the numerals are in fact, inside the rack of the Bucks alternate? That's pretty cool. BUT...I'm honestly sitting here now thinking......yeah, that's probably why the rack is too big for a white tail. For real.......the entire thing has been cart before the horse from the start on so many factors like the palette. That makes total sense. There's one black armpit stripe SO THAT this thing can even exist. Why wouldn't the primary logo be the wrong species just to pull off the numerals in the rack?

It totally would.

Like a freight train with stickum

Archived