Is Brown For The Padres Really a Popular Opinion?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those mockups above got some national pub on CBS Sports:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24946376/photo-re-imagining-the-padres-uniforms

Always interesting when uni talk leaks into the mainstream. Didn't Lee Jenkins of SI just call for brown, too?

Also with USAToday Sports:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/san-diego-padres-brown-uniforms-jerseys

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

More talk the better. More pressure on ownership to do the right thing. Hopefully more outlets pick up the story.

That being said, I'm not sold on the design being shown as being perfect. It's nice and I would prefer it greatly over what they have now, but I'd hope they could really dig into it, with good designers, and come up with a "perfect" look that can last 25 years. Do it right once.

I do prefer the Padres script on the classic logo to what they have now. So much more refined, crafted, designed.

57400341208675.jpg

If they ever do this, I'm going to have to buy a couple of everything just to make sure sales are as high as possible. :P

I have a friend that coaches his kid's little league team...authentic home and brown alt Padres jerseys for the whole team...on me!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If they ever do this, I'm going to have to buy a couple of everything just to make sure sales are as high as possible. :P

I have a friend that coaches his kid's little league team...authentic home and brown alt Padres jerseys for the whole team...on me!

Too bad the kids will want the camo...

Just saw this today. Another good looking brown/yellow mock up for the Padres. Read Article

9750hbS.0.0.jpg

I don't like the tail on the LEFT side of the letter "a" in Padres. With no line from the "P" leading into it, I think it looks really awkward.

Yes, the Cardinals do that too, but I don't care or it there either.

Archived