2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notre Dame's gold uni's have too much green for a school that really only uses navy and gold.

Agreed. It was odd watching them play Michigan St. in the alternates last night considering that Michigan St. uses green with gold/bronze accents at times. It felt like a weird scrimmage game aesthetically. The gold alts look nice but it just doesn't look like Notre Dame to me.

That's no too bad. I like the script.

Notre Dame's gold uni's have too much green for a school that really only uses navy and gold.

Notre Dame has been wearing the occasional green jersey forever though. Heck, that's how the Packers got their colors.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to wear green against another green team like Michigan State, though.

Notre Dame has been wearing the occasional green jersey forever though. Heck, that's how the Packers got their colors.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to wear green against another green team like Michigan State, though.

Not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure the Packers chose blue and gold from Notre Dame, but when the switch from blue to green occurred after Lambeau was gone it was because of being in GREEN bay, and they thought green should be a color and blue was phased out. So while they chose their colors from Notre Dame, those colors were the blue and gold and not the green and gold.

But your point is still there that Notre Dame has been wearing green for a long time.

Not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure the Packers chose blue and gold from Notre Dame, but when the switch from blue to green occurred after Lambeau was gone it was because of being in GREEN bay, and they thought green should be a color and blue was phased out. So while they chose their colors from Notre Dame, those colors were the blue and gold and not the green and gold.

But your point is still there that Notre Dame has been wearing green for a long time.

They actually did wear green in the Lambeau era... occasionally, just like Notre Dame.

1938_GreenBay.png

They even wore gold jerseys for a period in the 1920s, and again in the 1940s and 50s.

(Sorry to pull this off-topic, people! :D)

Man, that pattern on the Utah side panels is really messing with my eyes.

Is that a pattern used elsewhere? (Or does someone have a graphic?)

B3-J7HgCYAAGS4F.jpg

Looks like the uniforms that USF wore a couple years ago.

KLKHTNYZVSFKWWP.20130217225317.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, all manufacturers make some mistakes. I had a hat with a UConn logo on the front and a Penn State wordmark on the back.

Sorry for double post but UNC Tarheels wore the 1980's throwbacks with Jordan XI's!! Tarheels wore these against Ohio State University in the CBS Sports classic that was played on that atrocious court. (See above post)

B5UOjMvCYAA0XX2.jpg

4d368808c7f416747753bad9bf1c3bec_crop_ex

a5e2b8eefccf3eed4ffa89ed5bc0dddc_crop_ex

hi-res-077eed18a8ba254eb4027d63ec5e19cd_

Yes i think these are soo sweet..if they only add a touch of argyle then I'd be set!

shado_logo.gif

Illinois is wearing Flyin' Illini throwbacks today!

fW6Ty04.jpg

xv3oKV5.jpg

They looked great yesterday. You can't see here, but the new block I was on the side of the shorts replacing the chief for obvious reasons. I hope they keep these around and wear them once or twice a year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived