2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the preseason is over, and the start of the regular season is now six days away, here's a quick recap based on previous posts:

• The Falcons, Giants, Panthers and Texans have released their uniform color schedules.
  • We have received confirmations as to when the Bears, Broncos, Rams, Steelers and Titans will wear something other than their standard colored jerseys at home.
  • The Eagles' uniform plans for at least the first half of the season are sketchy.
  • The Bengals, Cardinals, Chargers, Jaguars, Packers, Ravens and Seahawks seem to be tight-lipped regarding their alternate/throwback uniform plans, and the assumption is that they won't announce when they will wear a third jersey until one week in advance, though the Chargers' home uniform schedule may have been leaked by way of eBay — see below.
  • The Bengals seem to be revealing their uniform colors only one week at a time (click here), though there is one confirmation — white at home vs. the Falcons (based on the Falcons' uniform schedule).

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 1 (Part 1)

Packers @ Seahawks

MbVBw48.jpgrP4HQ.jpg

Saints @ Falcons

M2YmX.jpgivM4G.jpg

Vikings @ Rams

OmJksfL.jpgWbI7U.jpg

Browns @ Steelers

PmrMJXj.jpg?1br8Ls.jpg

Jaguars @ Eagles

XKCsGyA.jpgW6BO6mg.jpg

Thinking about this last night and since the Bengals added black pants in 2004 I don't think they've ever worn them in the preseason. If they have it's definitely been a few years.

The only thing I can surmise is that Mike Brown doesn't want to pay for an extra set of pants for a bunch of guys who aren't going to make the team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm going with Cleveland wearing their brown pants in Pittsburgh.

If last season and the preseason are any indicator it will be all white. They wore all white on the road early last year (week 2 against Ravens, Week 3 against Vikings) and wore all white on the road in the pre-season this year only wearing the white over brown in the 2 final home preseason games.

Eagles will be in green pants. They never do the white/white combo at home during the regular season

I know what they have done in the past but if Nike is having issues with the right shade on mid-night green on the jersey since the pants use similar if not the same material odds are they have the same issue with the pants.

Eagles will be in green pants. They never do the white/white combo at home during the regular season

Do the Eagles even have green pants to wear? I thought the reason they didnt have the green jerseys was because Nike was having difficulty making the right color. Wouldnt the same hold true for the pants?

The Chiefs wore all red for their home opener last year.

I think they'll do the same thing this year.

I think the Jags wear black jerseys and white pants (because of the perceived "heat" of September).

In another location maybe but the forecast in Philly for Sunday is cloudy with a high of only 70

If so...Hooray! Glad they're still using these. The team's past history with throwbacks was always a once- or twice-used look, and never beyond the anniversary season.

Love the 80th uniforms, shame they can't use the leather helmets though.

87Redskins.png

Bills wear throwbacks against Dolphins

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/502175468381286400

For the superstitious ones, the Dolphins aren't the best choice to wear the all-white throwback with the grazing Bison logo.

The Bills are 1-5-1 against the Miami wearing those particular all-white throwbacks

We haven't beaten them since 1966 at the Orange Bowl in those, Miami's initial season in the AFL

Archived