Stolen Work

NOppenheimer

6 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

I saw on Twitter that this is being worked out. Any luck with that? 

Yeah, they paid me some money and Baccar has disappeared from just about all social media. Still working on getting him cut completely from Behance. Feel free to report him for being a thief. 

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, mcrosby said:

Yeah, they paid me some money and Baccar has disappeared from just about all social media. Still working on getting him cut completely from Behance. Feel free to report him for being a thief. 

Looks like Baccar got the boot from Behance. Stolen logo success story!

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

I was browsing RedBubble the other day.

That place is notorious for stolen work/copyright violations.

Anyway, I see a friend's brewery logo being sold on shirts.

I notify him.

Turns out RedBubble has a copyright page.

He followed their directions and the items were removed very quickly.

Nice to see a company do this. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

spacer.pngOk this is a weird one. I follow some design blogs as most do here and came across this logo that really stood out and I realized why, it was very similar to Allan Peters logo for the North Stars. 

Then I realize it's basically a rip off of the Multicanal logo that was used as far back as 1996-1999 by Steff Giessbuhler. 

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/Multicanal_(Argentina)

https://dribbble.com/shots/9714253-North-Stars-Rebrand

When you overlay the Peters N and stars he didn't even bother to change much outside of a few clever edits and it's basically Geissbuhlers logo.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

12 hours ago, tigers said:

And why would you cut the stars almost in half to incorporate the N as it defeats the purpose of the Stars in the first place.

Rough job even for a blatant rip off.

I like that his reply is "It's just a coincidence."

How the F is that a coincidence? It literally lines up exactly to the M which he just edited. 

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Looks like some fascist 🤬s are fans of Fraser Davidson's work.

• Dislike 1
  • Hate 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 10:36 PM, VC// said:

Then I realize it's basically a rip off of the Multicanal logo that was used as far back as 1996-1999 by Steff Giessbuhler. 

I don't think it's a rip-off. The concept is clever, but anyone fiddling around with stars could come across this use of negative space. It seems way too unlikely to me that it's a blatant theft. It's the issue of "Too generic to claim plagiarism" that I've seen pop up dozens of times in my time with graphic design. The similarity in angles is a byproduct of the star segments themselves, that's how generic stars work. I've never heard of Multicanal in my life, nor seen their logo before, so I don't think it's impossible that Allan Peters hadn't either. Are they uncannily similar? Definitely, but given the geometry of stars and the simplicity of the concept, it's very likely a coincidence. Allan Peters is better than that lmao

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns