Unused Logos and Uniforms

I posted this in the thread about the unused Blues uniform, but I wanted to put it here, where it belongs. I'm shocked that it still exists and more shocked at the timing of it, considering that thread was just created.

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2016/3/25/11306036/the-first-blues-jersey-is-found

white_original_blues_jersey.0.jpg

original_blues_jersey_closeup.0.jpg

• Like 5

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Would love to see how the St. Louis Blues logo crest look like alone.. really cool one.. I wonder if the Blues might use that jersey for the winter classic next year?? or for a few games during the 50th anniversary season?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I find it interesting that the lighter blue was seemingly in the mix from the start, if my eyes are to be believed on two of those logos. They chose the best one of those options I think. 

My personal preference was that logo on the top left, at least in the colors.

The team was named after the state bird, the brown thrasher.  I had always hoped brown/tan would have a bigger role/use in the uniforms and logo than it did.  Perhaps brown and yellow with that dark red as a tertiary, or brown with that light blue....navy and red was already around the league.

On 3/28/2016 at 9:37 AM, mr.nascar13 said:

For some reason, I really like that middle right logo. Looks pretty cool. 

Me too. Could've been a better alternate than the dissected Tbird logo they used as their secondary logo (or alternate primary? IDK how that worked)

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 28/03/2016 at 9:30 PM, HedleyLamarr said:

Some prototype Thrashers logos before the final logo was determined....

IMG01097.jpg

Whoa!  I guess there was a mandate from Turner to use the Warner Brothers logo in the background?  Was this a direct response to Disney owning the Mighty Ducks?

latest?cb=20131009210149

• Like 1

banners