MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

1. Yeah, don't the BP hats change on a regular cycle anyway? It's been 3 years, hasn't it? I mean, aren't they due to change the template league-wide again? Even if the material is still DE, they have to change the design so they can sell more merchandise.

2. The Padres have been "changing" for 10 years. I'll believe it when I see it.

That's pretty much what I've heard. It sounds like some teams are making changes that fit better with their classic look and will be ditching the gimmicks such as alt colored bills for teams that have never had them before the DE rebrand. Some teams are making somewhat natural transitions that make sense with their branding and will be different but nothing drastic. Others are gonna be total headscratchers with color placement and logo usage and will look awful. One team in particular is going to look TERRIBLE with their new BP set.

Again, this is all word of mouth, but I've never known this particular source to be way off on stuff like this.

So it's not just BP caps but new BP jerseys coming up as well?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wouldn't be a shocker. However I seriously want New Era to go back to the 39Thirty style for the BP hats. Hell while you're at it, do it for the regular game caps as well. Far less of a boxy fit.

Kenny Rogers liked it so much he did wear the BP caps during the regular season. I always thought that was pretty cool.

7d4ea054796311e3955512313d173966.jpg

Go A's!

Blue Jays should have a 40th season patch. They started in 1977, but they celebrate seasons (not anniversaries) that end in 6s and 1s.

Braves may have a 50 Years in Atlanta patch, or a Turner Field patch, both of which would be pretty troll-ish.

The Braves celebrated 50 seasons in Atlanta this year. There wasn't a patch but they did have a logo for it that was very prominent on television, on merchandise, and at the ballpark. I'd almost guarantee that they will have a Turner Field patch for 2016.

I thought they might introduce a patch next year since they had one in 2006. I'm surprised the 50th season logo didn't make it to the jerseys. Since I can't find it in a simple search, what did it look like?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That wouldn't be a shocker. However I seriously want New Era to go back to the 39Thirty style for the BP hats. Hell while you're at it, do it for the regular game caps as well. Far less of a boxy fit.

I'm surprised more players don't wear the 5950 low crowns on the field...they look so much better. I think the low crowns are pretty much the same as the 3930s, minus the stretch fit.

Could it be the Cubs? I have noticed Theo Epstein, Jed Hoyer, Joe Maddon and Tom Ricketts wearing the alternate logo from 1979-1993 quite often. Joe Maddon used that logo in his "respect 90" shirt, as well as the "we are good" shirts that the players wore.

Maybe some more red will be used? I have noticed players wearing more accessories with red in them. Possibly bringing back the red brim hat for the road? I miss those hats!

No matter how far or how wide I roam, I still call Australia home.

Chicago Cubs - Chicago Bulls - West Coast Eagles - San Jose State Spartans

I would love for that "promo" white-paneled Blue Jays cap from earlier this season to become a permanent addition to their set. Wear it with the blue alternate jersey, or just on occasion, I don't care. But they need to bring it back.

Off-topic, but Hat Club is selling it again: http://www.hatclub.com/catalog/product/view/id/93580/s/new-era-authentic-collection-toronto-blue-jays-turn-back-the-dial-game-fitted-hat/category/1806/

Bit expensive, but at least I was able to get it for my collection. (It sold out quickly the last time it was offered by the Jays.)

I feel like all these teams are currently in "uniform purgatory." They just can't decide on a look so they throw everything they can together in hopes that something works. Unfortunately, in most cases, it doesn't. Not all of them need a complete upgrade, but they all need to decide on one look and do away with all the meaningless alts:

Tampa Bay

Cleveland

Minnesota

Texas

Washington

St. Louis

Arizona

Colorado

San Diego

I feel like all these teams are currently in "uniform purgatory." They just can't decide on a look so they throw everything they can together in hopes that something works. Unfortunately, in most cases, it doesn't. Not all of them need a complete upgrade, but they all need to decide on one look and do away with all the meaningless alts:

Tampa Bay

Cleveland

Minnesota

Texas

Washington

St. Louis

Arizona

Colorado

San Diego

St. Louis is usually regarded as one of the best looks in baseball history. I'm not so sure "purgatory" is the right label here.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It could be the Dodgers as the surprise team. I read a post last week on the Dodger message board about a rumor that they could be tweaking the word mark on their home and road jerseys and adding a pinstripe throwback home uniform on selected home day games. In addition, a blue alternate jersey could be added to the set for interleague Sunday home and road games. I'm guessing it's just a rumor, but these days with the sports marketing industry...you never know.

I also read a comment here from an earlier post about the Rays "emphasizing more Columbia blue in the near future." I bet the Rays and the Padres will be the two teams to make major rebrands on their uniforms for 2016. A couple of others will probably make just small changes with their jerseys. I just hope no team will jump on the camo alt bandwagon next season, but I have a gut feeling another team will add one like the Padres, Mets, Reds, and Pirates have.

I also read a comment here from an earlier post about the Rays "emphasizing more Columbia blue in the near future." I bet the Rays and the Padres will be the two teams to make major rebrands on their uniforms for 2016. A couple of others will probably make just small changes with their jerseys. I just hope no team will jump on the camo alt bandwagon next season.

Columbia blue and camo, hmm...how about a jersey like this:

blue-camo-bedding.jpg

Should´t there be new dugout jackets this year for playoff teams ? Belived they changed every two years.

There were new jackets worn late in the season by a number of teams, but I don't know if those were officially dugout jackets.

Speaking of which, dugout jackets don't seem to be what they once were. They used to be a fairly big deal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was just thinking the same about the dugout jackets... Now the majority of players seem to wear the Magestic hoodies.

Looking at the "Take October" dugout hoodies for this post season, they will have a new design next year ( so long annoying zipper that players liked to rip out)

Blue Jays should have a 40th season patch. They started in 1977, but they celebrate seasons (not anniversaries) that end in 6s and 1s.

Braves may have a 50 Years in Atlanta patch, or a Turner Field patch, both of which would be pretty troll-ish.

The Braves celebrated 50 seasons in Atlanta this year. There wasn't a patch but they did have a logo for it that was very prominent on television, on merchandise, and at the ballpark. I'd almost guarantee that they will have a Turner Field patch for 2016.

I thought they might introduce a patch next year since they had one in 2006. I'm surprised the 50th season logo didn't make it to the jerseys. Since I can't find it in a simple search, what did it look like?

They had a very simple A-50 logo they used on TV and on various graphics at Turner Field. I assume they decided against a 50th patch because they'll honor Turner Field's "storied history" with a farewell patch next year. Also, the Braves have very little consistency honoring anniversaries. They wore a 30th anniversary patch in 1995, but wore a 40th anniversary patch in 2006. I doubt they'll do another 50th anniversary celebration next year and instead focus on pawning Turner Field off on Georgia State or another buyer.

ANYWAYS.

Here's the logo:

990_a50_hdr.jpg

Archived