Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cujo said:

BOOM

Cx5yGq4UsAA_TBJ.jpg

I like it! It has all the hallmarks of a great logo!

• Shield
  • Headgear
  • Initials of the city
  • And it's g...wait a minute...

9802_los_angeles_kings-anniversary-2017.png  71jepx81eqzz1l6q9g1g5j1lh.png

There are enough differences though and the gold for the Kings is only temporary. Someone was going to mention it at some point though. Figured I'd get it out of the way now. :P

The way they managed to work the V into the helmet is awesome!

1 minute ago, TaylorMade said:

Any word on if it will be "Las Vegas" or just "Vegas?"

I'd guess Vegas with the hidden V in the logo. 

Besides, the name will most likely be 2 words, so a shorter city name would work better. 

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

_______ Knights

Gladiators

Spartans

Could still be any of these, yea?

Gladiators would be cool, and still fit with the spartan helmet and spear theme they seem to be going with.  I agree any of those three are still on the table, at least speculation wise.

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

_______ Knights

Gladiators

Spartans

Could still be any of these, yea?

Theoretically yeah but there are sources that say it's something that's been mentioned before.

Will probably still be Knights of some sort. Not Desert Knights as it seems there's no desert theme. Gold/Golden Knights is the most likely now. That and Black Knights. Silver is definitely out of contention. I'm saying either Las Vegas Gold Knights or Vegas Golden Knights.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I may be in the minority, but after thinking about it today, I think I'd actually be okay with "Golden Knights" for a few reasons:

1. Who's really going to use the prefix? Doesn't matter what it is, we'll all end up calling them the "Knights" anyways.

2. "Golden" isn't so random when you think of Las Vegas. I've never personally been to a city with more gold this-or-that in my life.

3. Even if "Golden Knights" is a bit gimmicky and may remind some of us of a line from Wild Hogs, what better locale for a gimmicky name than Las Vegas?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

1.  Going by @ColorWerx on Twitter, I'm leaning towards it not being Knights.  Because that helmet isn't a knight.

2.  It looks like ownership got their West Point inspiration, as the below is the current West Point athletic logo.  See the resemblance.

200px-ArmyWestPointAthenaShield.png

Army uses the "Knights" moniker. So looking like Army's logo would make some form of "Knights" the front-runner, right?

Archived