NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, tohasbo said:

EVERY team will have 4 jerseys.  There have been rumours that I have heard that the Hornets "City" jersey will be that Buzz City jersey they have had the last couple of seasons, minus the sleeves.

The Grizzlies would not surprise me if they went to the MLK pride jersey OR a yellow one.

Boston...who knows.  Maybe green and gold?

Only 8 teams will have 5 (Atlanta, Charlotte, Golden State, Indiana, LA Lakers, Milwaukee, Miami and Phoenix)

Very surprised that they only extend to 5.  The Cavs aren't going to have gold or blue jerseys.

I figgered that the MLK jerseys hadn't been worn in a couple of years, or maybe I'm wrong.  I don't want to see a gold jersey.

Those "Buzz City" jerseys are despicable.  Unless I'm missing something, no one calls Charlotte "Buzz City".

I may be in the minority, but I wish that the Knicks would resurrect those orange duds.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

9 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

The two white jerseys are kinda redundant aren't they?

Considering the (past) rivalry between the Knicks and the Heat, I'm surprised the Knicks would come up with a jersey that kind of/sort of looks like the inaugural Heat home jersey. 

7 hours ago, sayahh said:

Considering the (past) rivalry between the Knicks and the Heat, I'm surprised the Knicks would come up with a jersey that kind of/sort of looks like the inaugural Heat home jersey. 

Hmm you're right, it is pretty similar, just missing the large shadow effect. 

On 10/10/2017 at 12:07 AM, kimball said:

They're not guaranteed to be the Community jersey, though I don't see why not (sans the sleeves of course)?

My connection with team claims it'll be the MLK jersey.

21 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I figgered that the MLK jerseys hadn't been worn in a couple of years, or maybe I'm wrong.  I don't want to see a gold jersey.

They were revealed September 2016 and were first worn back in January: http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/mlk50-uniform-160914/

Part of me would like to see a gold jersey set, but their banding unofficially relegates gold to a tertiary color (except during the playoffs with Growl Towels).

Is it just me or are there more guys wearing white tights this season? Is that a Nike thing? In the past Cavs players would wear black tights with their white home jerseys. But now they pair it with white and create a leotard-esque effect. Just saw a Celtics highlight where they wore white tights under their green jerseys as well.

4 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Is it just me or are there more guys wearing white tights this season? Is that a Nike thing? In the past Cavs players would wear black tights with their white home jerseys. But now they pair it with white and create a leotard-esque effect. Just saw a Celtics highlight where they wore white tights under their green jerseys as well.

All of the teams have been wearing white socks and tights during the preseason. Nike’s placed a greater emphasis on team-colored socks, tights, and other accessories, so I would guess Nike wanted teams to refrain from wearing the team-specific colors until the regular season. As far as the Cavs go, I would expect them to keep wearing white tights with their white uniforms this season, unlike the black tights they’d been wearing the last few seasons. And on the road they’ll go with socks and tights that match the uniforms, like so:8E9D512D-57B6-45B5-8721-4615E2E3DD82.thumb.jpeg.1078c1702df239cf185f7a4c59a086c4.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/12/2017 at 11:10 AM, -Akronite- said:

Another fad that doesn't help anything play wise. I remember Jordan wearing the knee brace on the calf and all my friends and I doing that. He folded the top down revealing another color and we did the same. 

On 10/12/2017 at 11:19 AM, upperV03 said:

All of the teams have been wearing white socks and tights during the preseason. Nike’s placed a greater emphasis on team-colored socks, tights, and other accessories, so I would guess Nike wanted teams to refrain from wearing the team-specific colors until the regular season. As far as the Cavs go, I would expect them to keep wearing white tights with their white uniforms this season, unlike the black tights they’d been wearing the last few seasons. And on the road they’ll go with socks and tights that match the uniforms, like so:8E9D512D-57B6-45B5-8721-4615E2E3DD82.thumb.jpeg.1078c1702df239cf185f7a4c59a086c4.jpeg

This looks stupid. Color rush comes to the NBA.... 

Archived