NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Gold and Black is here to stay. This is the Raptors 4th "City Edition" Nike Uniform. This uniform replaces last seasons "Drake" uniform. It is unclear when this jersey will see the court for the first time, but this is exciting. The first raptors jersey in a long time not to follow the regular template. More info to come soon... 

➡︎ https://raptorsking.weebly.com

#WeTheNorth

#WeTheNorth

Raptors City Uniform copy copy.jpg

I can't wait for Minnesota and Portland to troll this ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

18 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I can't believe the Lakers aren't allowed to wear their purple jerseys for a few more weeks. This is extremely stupid.

I really don't understand how this helps Nike sell jerseys, whether yellow or purple.

I'm watching the Seahawks in bright green on my TV, and it's not the stupidest sports uniform matchup tonight. The NBA is flying too close to the sun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I can't believe the Lakers aren't allowed to wear their purple jerseys for a few more weeks. This is extremely stupid.

I don't understand why the purple uniform wasn't one of their first two jerseys released in the first place.  The Lakers should only wear yellow at home, purple on the road, and occasionally their alternate uniforms.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I can see the league enforcing this rule for teams that have newly designed STATEMENT jerseys or overall identities -- ie T'Wolves, Jazz, Pacers, Suns, etc. But, not for teams like the Lakers, Bucks, Mavs, Heat, Hawks, etc. who haven't added a new design for their STATEMENT jersey or changed logos with the Nike switch. If the NBA and Nike are doing this to establish a brand then that's okay, but those teams already have an established brand.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 minutes ago, M4One said:

I don't understand why the purple uniform wasn't one of their first two jerseys released in the first place.  The Lakers should only wear yellow at home, purple on the road, and occasionally their alternate uniforms.

I agree.

The biggest problem is the discontinuation of home and away designation with these "EDITIONS" The Association (White) and Mindset (Team Color?) are the only ones out until the end of the month when the Statement is allowed to be worn. 

In an ideal world the NBA would have given at least the Lakers a waiver to wear their Statement jerseys on the road. 

Let's just hope this doesn't repeat itself next year. I don't see why it would outside of new identities and jerseys.

kimball banner.png

NON IN-GAME JERSEY ALERT: Apparently this happened on the newest episode of Law & Order: SVU? I don't watch the show, and I'm incredibly baffled as to why Isaiah Thomas is the one giving the jersey? Everything about this is weird:

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

On 11/8/2017 at 5:37 PM, the_Raptors_king said:

Gold and Black is here to stay. This is the Raptors 4th "City Edition" Nike Uniform. This uniform replaces last seasons "Drake" uniform. It is unclear when this jersey will see the court for the first time, but this is exciting. The first raptors jersey in a long time not to follow the regular template. More info to come soon... 

➡︎ https://raptorsking.weebly.com

#WeTheNorth

#WeTheNorth

Raptors City Uniform copy copy.jpg

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Teal said:

Rules are rules. You need to respect them. 

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not really, no.

Cool.  Guys - a mod just said that rules don't need to be respected!  Let's go nuts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

NON IN-GAME JERSEY ALERT: Apparently this happened on the newest episode of Law & Order: SVU? I don't watch the show, and I'm incredibly baffled as to why Isaiah Thomas is the one giving the jersey? Everything about this is weird:

IT's a big SVU fan and talked his way into a cameo. It's hilarious. Don't think SVU worries too much about the particulars of jersey and roster anachronisms, but yeah, I don't think the Cavs part is all that relevant.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, kimball said:

I agree.

The biggest problem is the discontinuation of home and away designation with these "EDITIONS" The Association (White) and Mindset (Team Color?) are the only ones out until the end of the month when the Statement is allowed to be worn. 

In an ideal world the NBA would have given at least the Lakers a waiver to wear their Statement jerseys on the road. 

Let's just hope this doesn't repeat itself next year. I don't see why it would outside of new identities and jerseys.

Um, the colored jersey is called the Icon Edition, old man... :P

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Pay 1 billion for the NBA contract then you can dictate the rules.

One minute you tell people to respect the rules, then the next minute explain that for the right price, you can *make* the rules (winkwink). Fellow citizens, this... is exactly what's wrong with the world and why it's important to resist the corporatization of societies.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

18 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Sigh. I give up on trying to understand 'Nike Speak'

HOME. AWAY. SECONDARY. STUPID FOURTH JERSEY. 

Is that better? :lol:

kimball banner.png

13 hours ago, Teal said:

Rules are rules. You need to respect them. 

I agree. But, in the world of business there's always an exception. ALWAYS.

kimball banner.png

3 minutes ago, kimball said:

Sigh. I give up on trying to trying to understand 'Nike Speak'

HOME. AWAY. SECONDARY. STUPID THIRD JERSEY. 

Is that better? :lol:

To your credit, it doesn't help that when they launched the system, they only supplied the descriptions of the non-core jerseys, so people started calling them "Community" and "Athlete's Mindset" before the official "Statement Edition" or whatever terminology came out. Confusing move when the goal is to get a mass of people to understand a completely new convention.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

One minute you tell people to respect the rules, then the next minute explain that for the right price, you can *make* the rules (winkwink). Fellow citizens, this... is exactly what's wrong with the world and why it's important to resist the corporatization of societies.

Well clearly you don’t understand what I meant. The rules are in place so you need to respect them. Nike make the rules not you or any other player in here. 

Jaguars

Archived