Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

Please stop with the blue pants comeback talk. It was two games in one season, and it looked.....silly. 

The Lions traditional road uni (silver/white/silver) is what everyone has been begging the Cowboys to do around here for YEARS.  The Lions actually do it right, and now you want them to change to blue pants? :unsure:  All in the hopes of setting up some hellacious honolulu blue monochrome alt? 

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Wonder if we'll get the Nike truncated pant stripe slash things they gave the Bucs and Jags.

Yeesh, I hope not.  

I can can only hope that Detroit's decision to drop the black means that they've learned the folly of chasing fads, and return to their more classical aesthetic. 

Not every team can go back to their old unis... I think people like them for nostalgia. I know this an unpopular opinion but I'd rather see them keep the current number font but make them grey outlined instead. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

-The number font is the worst part IMO - even more so than the black. 

-the light blue pants were stupid. For one, they're too light to provide contrast enough with the helmet to avoid a slight clash, and for two it forced silver socks which looked bad. 

-I really hope the new wordmark font isn't the new number font.

-the lions are a strange case. They're an old team that on paper should have a traditional look, but they plan in a modern dome and seem like they want to brand themselves as a sleek / fast / modern team. They will probably try to compromise, in which case everyone loses. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think we'll see a return of blue pants & gray socks?

25739530151_3277de1af3_h.jpg

The only thing wrong with this was the gray socks. Striped socks that matched the sleeves striping would've been the way to go. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I never had any problems with the Lions using black, but their logo does look a lot better with the black outline replaced by the silver.  I guess its the shade of blue that goes well with the silver, more so than with the black.

21 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Please stop with the blue pants comeback talk. It was two games in one season, and it looked.....silly.

They wore blue pants for the entire 1998 season on the road. You have it confused with the Colts blue pants in 1995 which were worn for 3 games only.

bSLCtu2.png

I think the "extra outline" actually helps it a lot.  My biggest problem with the "classic" Lions look is the lack of contrast between the silver and the blue.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

28 minutes ago, Mockba said:

I think the "extra outline" actually helps it a lot.  My biggest problem with the "classic" Lions look is the lack of contrast between the silver and the blue.

The outline doesn't help with that. I could see maybe wanting to separate the white and silver, though I really don't think that's necessary.  

Thank you. 

Looking at that, I still think that the extra outline muddies it.  I'm not a fan of dark logos with light/dark double outlines on a light background.  

The blue lion stands out just fine against the silver background.   He doesn't need another blue outline.

The outline technically adds consistency with the stripe (white is always between blue) but consistency isn't always the be-all end-all so I'd go without.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

What about no outlines?

I think that only works if you go with a solid lion- so lose the white accents in the current one, or go back to something closer to the last one.

Also would need to lose the stripe - which is OK with me.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, BrianLion said:

The Lions traditional road uni (silver/white/silver) is what everyone has been begging the Cowboys to do around here for YEARS.  The Lions actually do it right, and now you want them to change to blue pants? :unsure:  All in the hopes of setting up some hellacious honolulu blue monochrome alt? 

I always thought the Lions would look good with alt white pants - especially on the road - with a blue/silver stripe pattern.  Silver pants are best, but a little variety seems inevitable.  Big fan of moving away from black, and hopefully the Honolulu blue is a bit altered from today.  The blue pants were interesting, but I don't think really worth bring back.

Archived