(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

6 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

A 2-1 lead in an NHL playoff series is no sure thing- see Toronto and Edmonton this year- but it's nice to have through 3 games.

Why do you even say anything? Every post of yours is either annoyingly negative or just stating fairly obvious facts.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FGM13 said:

Why do you even say anything? Every post of yours is either annoyingly negative or just stating fairly obvious facts.

...Buffalo sports fan. That's where your answer begins.

Every Buffalo sports fan I've ever met is incredibly pessimistic, in general, regarding sports. @Cosmic is the only one I can think of, off hand, that defies the archetype.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

A 2-1 lead in a series is better than being down 1-2, but not as good as being up 3-0.

But that's not as good as being up 4-0...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I happened to miss most of the last two games thanks to school happening at night, but at least I caught the first period last night. I hope Ottawa comes out the same way next game, they need to to leave Ottawa with the lead. Only allowing 3 goals in 3 games to the defending champs is a huge accomplishment so far.

On a completely unrelated note, I've started watching the games on NBC, I came for superstition when both goals in game 1 happened after I flipped my stream over.

I stayed because sportsnet continues to make reports such as this:

(Attendance was 100.6% capacity :oops:)

5 hours ago, monkeypower said:

A 2-1 lead in a series is better than being down 1-2, but not as good as being up 3-0.

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

And some of those are better than being down 2-3, but some aren't.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

...Buffalo sports fan. That's where your answer begins.

Every Buffalo sports fan I've ever met is incredibly pessimistic, in general, regarding sports. @Cosmic is the only one I can think of, off hand, that defies the archetype.

I save the good stuff for my feelings journal.

16 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

A 2-1 lead in an NHL playoff series is no sure thing- see Toronto and Edmonton this year- but it's nice to have through 3 games.

8 hours ago, monkeypower said:

7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Winning hockey games is often better than losing hockey games.

Way to stay ahead of HFBoards, CCSLC ;)

:censored::censored::censored: !!!!

I need a beer...

Glad to see the Preds pull it together, but all these late comebacks are hell on my nerves.

Dumb penalties, sitting back, letting the Preds come right at them, all that :censored: was inevitable again. Ducks had this game for 50 minutes. 10 mins of all Preds and here we are. :censored: ing hell.

Also, I never want to hear that the refs throw games for the Ducks ever again. Not saying this is the ref's fault, Ducks did it to themselves, but the refs aren't exactly helping either.

To Overtime.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Dumb penalties, sitting back, letting the Preds come right at them, all that :censored: was inevitable again. Ducks had this game for 50 minutes. 10 mins of all Preds and here we are. :censored: ing hell.

Also, I never want to hear that the refs throw games for the Ducks ever again. Not saying this is the ref's fault, Ducks did it to themselves, but the refs aren't exactly helping either.

To Overtime.

Hey, you know what team that sounds like? 

The goddamn Oilers.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived