JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

They've teased a bit (the player video, for example) but the way the organization is running right now, I am not sure.  

 

I think it won't leak.  Too tight a ship.  Tom Coughlin would hunt down green dong guy.

 

I heard they aren't selling these until a week after they are released. I wonder if that is to prevent leaks? (I admit I could be wrong as I have no clue how that works)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

 

I heard they aren't selling these until a week after they are released. I wonder if that is to prevent leaks? (I admit I could be wrong as I have no clue how that works)

 

They're hosting a draft party the following week with what they've called the first opportunity to purchase jerseys. Those emails came out after the Titans ordeal, so it could very well be used to circumvent the retail leaks.

 

I plan to be at that event (I just moved to Jacksonville for a job this week), so I'll relay anything I see there. Gonna try and sneak a peak after the State of the Franchise event next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teal said:

We are in the home stretch now. In 1 week this thread will be total and utter chaos. 

 

Oh, no this thread has been in utter chaos for MONTHS ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite excited for next thursday and the draft day event at the daily's. 

We will learn alot about the direction of this team visually going forward in the next couple of weeks and I am optimistically hopeful these uniforms will not be an abomination and will be closer to being a modern classic like the ones from 98-08 without being those uniforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

Oh, no this thread has been in utter chaos for MONTHS ... 

 

I always feel like these threads are chaos until a design is released. Then the discussion actually becomes quite focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

They've teased a bit (the player video, for example) but the way the organization is running right now, I am not sure.  

 

I think it won't leak.  Too tight a ship.  Tom Coughlin would hunt down green dong guy.

 

I'd say another leak is very possible. I mean, there's already been a leak even though it may not be the final design. Overall things seem much less secretive over in Jacksonville as multiple posters here and on Twitter have apparently seen them and are describing them already. That said, the efforts to avoid a retail leak with the delayed release into stores is really smart and I hope it works out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we’ll see the new helmet before any other leaks.  The Jags have all but confirrmed it, probably wouldn’t be a big deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jaguars27 said:

What are the chances it leaks? Also I’m guessing the Jags aren’t gonna tease it at all? They did in 2013. 

 

I feel like this day and age it’s almost impossible not to have something leak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

 

I feel like this day and age it’s almost impossible not to have something leak. 

 

Leaking seems to be much more prevalent in basketball and football than it is in baseball and hockey, but nothing compares to soccer, where leakers run their own blogs and absolutely everything gets leaked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andrewharrington said:

Leaking seems to be much more prevalent in basketball and football than it is in baseball and hockey, but nothing compares to soccer, where leakers run their own blogs and absolutely everything gets leaked.

 

Probably caused by a few factors:

 

1. I'd bet that basketball and football jerseys are bigger at retail than baseball, and in many cases the retailers have them available for purchase right away so they're just sitting there in boxes that say "don't open until christmas" and of course someone does.

 

2. Timing of video games?  Lots of things leak via the games these days.  Not sure what the timing is between when someone can get their hands on a game or a file sent to the game company and if it's different by sport. 

 

3.  Most football and basketball jerseys are released around their sport's draft time.  There's already a lot of interest in the teams and the sport just due to the timing so people might be paying more attention.  Baseball jerseys usually drop around November / black Friday, so outside of this board, nobody is really in "baseball mode".  

 

4.  LOL NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esco said:

Isn’t the jag head supposed to big quite large on the helmet?

 

That was just one guy saying he hopes it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esco said:

Isn’t the jag head supposed to big quite large on the helmet?

 

I've not heard anything about the scope to the increase is size. I doubt they'll be Tampa Bay large though.

 

Honestly, it might be very similar to what Auburn did for the 2010 spring game. The AU decals were about 10% larger. Very few noticed it. (That was actually one of the first uniform things I noticed immediately!)

 

A-Day game on the left, normal on the right:

 

P9217zo.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

 

I always feel like these threads are chaos until a design is released. Then the discussion actually becomes quite focused.

 

True, but that's only after about 24 hours after we all get through bitchin' to nauseam about a misplaced swoosh or pointless added secondary color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

 

They're hosting a draft party the following week with what they've called the first opportunity to purchase jerseys. Those emails came out after the Titans ordeal, so it could very well be used to circumvent the retail leaks.

 

I plan to be at that event (I just moved to Jacksonville for a job this week), so I'll relay anything I see there. Gonna try and sneak a peak after the State of the Franchise event next week.

Welcome to town!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I'm quite excited for next thursday and the draft day event at the daily's. 

We will learn alot about the direction of this team visually going forward in the next couple of weeks and I am optimistically hopeful these uniforms will not be an abomination and will be closer to being a modern classic like the ones from 98-08 without being those uniforms. 

I'm excited for the uniform unveiling obviously, but the construction/design nerd in me is hoping for Shipyards and Lot J news as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, GigantorinJax said:

Anyone think we will get any juicy leaks before the reveal on Thursday? 

 

img_8558.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.