Luingus221

Welcome to the 90's

0202-phx96-tocchet-gartner.jpg

Simplify the collar and maybe lose the yoke, and this is a classic. As it stands, it's still an incredibly unique set.

IMG_1407-510x510.jpg

The thirds, however, were pure 90s greatness.

Germany's 1994 world cup kit

52920035-jpg.jpg

Then there is this beauty. No, it's not an early gay pride kit. The team's (VfL Bochum) sponsor decided to just turn the entire jersey into one big advertisement even though the colors had nothing to do with the club:

Faber-Trikot-1024x768.jpg

223.jpeg

faber-profile_profile.jpg

Piggybacking on previous responses of 1994 World Cup and denim ... por que no los dos?

usaxisui.jpg&w=800&q=85

11 hours ago, M4One said:

malone_stockton.jpg

Wait, I thought this was a thread for BAD uniforms!????

On 3/18/2018 at 11:19 PM, slapshot said:

The outline dips because letters with rounded edges are actually taller than those with flat edges. Rounded edges drop above or below (sometimes both) the baseline and cap height. It's done this way, because if they were all the exact same height, your eye would trick you into thinking the rounded letters are shorter than the flat ones.

I thought it must have something to do with tricking your eye or something. Thanks for clearing it up! (It's still an awful logo though.)

lightning-96-jersey.jpg

The logo and jersey screeeeam 90’s.

That Lightning jersey is glorious, I don't care what anyone says :lol:.  The shamrock is great.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:49 PM, neo_prankster said:

No 90's uniform conversation would be complete without these...

95Firepromors.jpg.w300h320.jpg95Galaxypromors.jpg.w300h315.jpg

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

Cool.

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Cool.

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

Still better than the "everyone will look like the titans, Vikings or Patriots" designs at the end. 

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Still better than the "everyone will look like the titans, Vikings or Patriots" designs at the end. 

Right on.

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

fijf5xyhiujpfrfee1aqzg4fg.gif

On 17/03/2018 at 10:56 PM, johnnysama said:

8232771977_05cfa35270_o.jpg

More peak '90s here, this one-season wonder for the CFL's Toronto Argonauts. BTW, quite a few of the CFL's US-based teams, in their last year operating here, had some outlandish jerseys of this style.

Yes, they did.

birmdunigan.jpgDantonBartoF_1024x1024.jpg?v=1456510501

2 minutes ago, eastfirst107 said:

Yes, they did.

birmdunigan.jpgDantonBartoF_1024x1024.jpg?v=1456510501

Why does it seem like all three tried to fit the same template in terms of logo placement?

42 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

They did address your nitpicks in '96...

On 3/20/2018 at 1:59 AM, DrAwesomeberry said:

IMG_1407-510x510.jpg

The thirds, however, were pure 90s greatness.

This crest should be the current on ice look and the full body or promotional materials

How about this "beauty" from the Flames

39136816_614.jpg

Looking back, I should have got myself an IHL jersey in the 90s

4053_houston_aeros_au.jpg

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

Looking back, I should have got myself an IHL jersey in the 90s

4053_houston_aeros_au.jpg

Oh, if we're diving into 90s minor-league hockey, this thread may never end.

s-l400.jpgcd813703b6a7b30e.jpgvtg-louisville-river-frogs-hockey_1_cb7djersey-17-jacksonville-lizard-kings_1_a5