Luingus221

Welcome to the 90's

Recommended Posts

0202-phx96-tocchet-gartner.jpg

 

Simplify the collar and maybe lose the yoke, and this is a classic. As it stands, it's still an incredibly unique set.

 

IMG_1407-510x510.jpg

 

The thirds, however, were pure 90s greatness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany's 1994 world cup kit

 

52920035-jpg.jpg

 

Then there is this beauty. No, it's not an early gay pride kit. The team's (VfL Bochum) sponsor decided to just turn the entire jersey into one big advertisement even though the colors had nothing to do with the club:

 

Faber-Trikot-1024x768.jpg

 

223.jpeg

 

faber-profile_profile.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Piggybacking on previous responses of 1994 World Cup and denim ... por que no los dos?

 

usaxisui.jpg&w=800&q=85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, M4One said:

 

malone_stockton.jpg

 

Wait, I thought this was a thread for BAD uniforms!????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 11:19 PM, slapshot said:

 

The outline dips because letters with rounded edges are actually taller than those with flat edges. Rounded edges drop above or below (sometimes both) the baseline and cap height. It's done this way, because if they were all the exact same height, your eye would trick you into thinking the rounded letters are shorter than the flat ones.

I thought it must have something to do with tricking your eye or something. Thanks for clearing it up! (It's still an awful logo though.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning-96-jersey.jpg

The logo and jersey screeeeam 90’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Lightning jersey is glorious, I don't care what anyone says :lol:.  The shamrock is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 7:49 PM, neo_prankster said:

No 90's uniform conversation would be complete without these...

95Firepromors.jpg.w300h320.jpg95Galaxypromors.jpg.w300h315.jpg

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

 

Cool.

 

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Cool.

 

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

Still better than the "everyone will look like the titans, Vikings or Patriots" designs at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Still better than the "everyone will look like the titans, Vikings or Patriots" designs at the end. 

 

Right on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

 

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fijf5xyhiujpfrfee1aqzg4fg.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2018 at 10:56 PM, johnnysama said:

8232771977_05cfa35270_o.jpg

More peak '90s here, this one-season wonder for the CFL's Toronto Argonauts. BTW, quite a few of the CFL's US-based teams, in their last year operating here, had some outlandish jerseys of this style.

Yes, they did.

birmdunigan.jpgDantonBartoF_1024x1024.jpg?v=1456510501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eastfirst107 said:

Yes, they did.

birmdunigan.jpgDantonBartoF_1024x1024.jpg?v=1456510501

Why does it seem like all three tried to fit the same template in terms of logo placement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

 

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

 

They did address your nitpicks in '96...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2018 at 1:59 AM, DrAwesomeberry said:

 

 

 

 

IMG_1407-510x510.jpg

 

The thirds, however, were pure 90s greatness.

 

 

This crest should be the current on ice look and the full body or promotional materials

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this "beauty" from the Flames

39136816_614.jpg

 

Looking back, I should have got myself an IHL jersey in the 90s

 

4053_houston_aeros_au.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

Looking back, I should have got myself an IHL jersey in the 90s

 

4053_houston_aeros_au.jpg

Oh, if we're diving into 90s minor-league hockey, this thread may never end.

s-l400.jpgcd813703b6a7b30e.jpgvtg-louisville-river-frogs-hockey_1_cb7djersey-17-jacksonville-lizard-kings_1_a5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now