Luingus221

Welcome to the 90's

Bill Clinton, Pogs, Playstation, Windows 95, and the dawn of the Internet...  Ah yes, the sweet smell of the 90's.

The 90's in sports were a big time, but especially so with logos, as many teams wanted to modernize their looks.  While this did create some good logos, it also created some really bad ones.  In this topic, you can post what you feel in your opinion to be bad logos of the 90's.  Originally, I wanted to do good logos, but I went with bad when I saw what I think is an awful Seattle SuperSonics logo from the 90's.

Criteria:

1. Must originiate in the 90's.
  2. Must be (in your opinion) bad.
  3. Must post an image of a logo.
  4. Uniforms are optional.
  5. Reasoning for why you think it looks bad.

Here's that Sonics logo I was talking about in earlier in this post.  I guess some people like it, but the colors don't fit that well IMO.

i6j9dz.jpg

Anyway, have fun looking at the 90's!

Didn't like that Sonics logo at first, but it grew on me a little as time went on. Guess you don't really appreciate stuff until it's gone.

Never noticed the gradient in that logo before. I don't hate that color set, but green and gold is better. I remember the 90s colors best from Frasier.

Nineties style at its nineties-est!

GettyImages-254884.0.jpg

IMG_0681-510x510.jpg

396887.gif

For me, the discussion about the most 90s uniform starts and ends here.

3 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

396887.gif

For me, the discussion about the most 90s uniform starts and ends here.

To be fair, the Raptors were a brand new team and I guess they felt the need to stand out for at least the first few years.

The 1990s has a thing for existing teams pulling a “dark & fade.” Take the Astros, for instance, with their navy-heavy design in conjunction with gold accents and Eurostile (a perennial faux-futuristic font, that had a 1990s resurgence).

375x250.jpg

8232771977_05cfa35270_o.jpg

More peak '90s here, this one-season wonder for the CFL's Toronto Argonauts. BTW, quite a few of the CFL's US-based teams, in their last year operating here, had some outlandish jerseys of this style.

The unis weren't so bad but this is a pretty bad 90s logo. This couldn't have been made without COREL Draw LOL!

DHZkGmmVYAAPF61.jpg

buffalo%20sabres%201996-2006%20wordmark%

Also this is classic 90s too... the "dark and fade" in the form of Blue and Red becomes Teal and Brick... and Gold and Black! Also lots of vectors and beziers! CORELDRAW!!!

pistons4.jpg

9 hours ago, insert name said:

If I had to pick one....33118747965_4f6d87d126_o.jpg

Knew someone was gonna put that.  "We want fishsticks."

This look made no sense then and looking back, it somehow makes even less sense.83368711c1abbdecb649fda37f75e851.png

Screen_Shot_2012-07-31_at_9.44.48_AM.png

2 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

This look made no sense then and looking back, it somehow makes even less sense.83368711c1abbdecb649fda37f75e851.png

Screen_Shot_2012-07-31_at_9.44.48_AM.png

Don't get me wrong, these are ugly., but I kinda love them. I wanted a Dan Majerle jersey in the worst way.

Also, the 1994 Kentucky Uniforms (well, shorts, mostly). Woof.

anthony_epps2.jpg

I've got a couple:

1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.png

This just screams 90s. Buff dude, gradient, loud, bright colors, it's the perfect 90s bad package. (Quick side note: why does the outline of "Warriors" dip under the O and S? Why not just make it uniform?)

vr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gif

Oh my. The logo concept isn't awful, but the overly edgy font and the face on the rocket really cement this as a "peak 90s" logo.

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I've got a couple:

1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.png

This just screams 90s. Buff dude, gradient, loud, bright colors, it's the perfect 90s bad package. (Quick side note: why does the outline of "Warriors" dip under the O and S? Why not just make it uniform?)

vr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gif

Oh my. The logo concept isn't awful, but the overly edgy font and the face on the rocket really cement this as a "peak 90s" logo.

You’re tearing apart the best logos that these franchises have ever had. I saw someone had done up that rockets logo in red and gold and it looked pretty good.

Edited by joepro
English