SportsLogos.Net News

Coyotes Bring Back the Kachina as New Third Uniform

Recommended Posts

I’ve been seeing a lot of hate for the original colors and style of the jerseys. I’m in the camp thinking that the original kachina style can be blended with the modern colors. I stumbled across this beautiful concept and am wondering if it will appease both camps in this debate:CPM-ARZ(NHL_BrightsSeries).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite unis of all time. The white version is the first hockey jersey I purchased with my own money. I think something like the concept above would work great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't like it as their primary, but as a kitsch throwback over a decade later, its perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of hate for the original colors and style of the jerseys. I’m in the camp thinking that the original kachina style can be blended with the modern colors. I stumbled across this beautiful concept and am wondering if it will appease both camps in this debate:CPM-ARZ(NHL_BrightsSeries).png

I can live with it if you can...minus that awful collar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of hate for the original colors and style of the jerseys. I’m in the camp thinking that the original kachina style can be blended with the modern colors. I stumbled across this beautiful concept and am wondering if it will appease both camps in this debate:CPM-ARZ(NHL_BrightsSeries).png

This was almost exactly what I was expecting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e60f0dca6d773188e9e343eb4e6819b5.jpg

It has returned....

 

 

 

 

Mark me down as being in favor of them returning to the Kachina full time. The howling Coyote is so bland and generic a mark that without context there's a sizable portion of this country that would have no clue what team it represents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, the third jerseys just seem to be reimagined or full out retro jerseys.  Hopefully some of the others are a bit more creative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Let’s leave a big empty spot above CoyoteS where ‘Phoenix’ used to be. No one will ever make a lame joke about that.”

 

 My lame joke:

WUsA1bf.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Peyote Coyote as a 3rd uniform.  It's ugly, garish, over the top, and for 7-10 games (or however many games Phoenix is slated to play Sunday at home), they're beautiful.  I think as a full-time get-up they'd get old quick, but as a quirky, fun, change-of-pace, they're great.

 

With that said, I do agree that their primary home/away uniforms are bland.  They're thoroughly unoffensive, but bland.  They could use a splash of the character the Peyote Coyote has...just perhaps not *all* of its' character.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would kind of like to see a return to the kachina style full time, however with some upgrades.  Similar to what Vitalogy posted, but a little closer to the original.  I used Avi (OhioSportsMan61)'s recent Coyotes alternate prediction concept as the base and just recolored (he gave me the OK).  It's essentially the original design in just black, red, sand, and white.  

 

XoUAgmB.png

bl05Ivg.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some way to work teal or jade in there just for the full southwestern effect? Or what if the home sweater had the main colors reversed so the body was brick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad these are back on a more permanent basis...only sour point is the removal of "Phoenix" from the shoulders, but I get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like it black for some reason.  Maybe it's the juxtaposition of being in the desert and wearing black?  It just seems like a bolder look to me.  It certainly still looks good in red though.  

 

S4rJvnV.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought these looked muddy and dark in reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking teal/jade body, maintain the brick stripe in between the cream and black on the sleeves and hem, and maintain the brick jersey on the logo.

 

In person, I'd prefer it on black, but on ice I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE matching jersey/pants/helmet (especially when dark), therefore I like the brick body better between the two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is there some way to work teal or jade in there just for the full southwestern effect? Or what if the home sweater had the main colors reversed so the body was brick?

 

I think turquoise is the word you’re going for here, at least for full southwestern effect… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, B-mer said:

I would kind of like to see a return to the kachina style full time, however with some upgrades.  Similar to what Vitalogy posted, but a little closer to the original.  I used Avi (OhioSportsMan61)'s recent Coyotes alternate prediction concept as the base and just recolored (he gave me the OK).  It's essentially the original design in just black, red, sand, and white.  

 

XoUAgmB.png

bl05Ivg.png

 

I really like these, too!! If they must have the black in their scheme, THIS is how they could execute it and make it look great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

 

I think turquoise is the word you’re going for here, at least for full southwestern effect… 

 

Yep - that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now