TJSC

Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

Recommended Posts

Dislike already. Quit it with the black!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nike. Stop. It's the Lakers. The Lakers. Stop. It's disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 11:57 PM, Ben in LA said:

Unpopular opinion: I don’t mind that yellow.

Looks better under the lights at Staples Center than it seems to elsewhere. Maybe they were designed that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought I'd see the day where even the Lakers themselves ask that stupid "Did Magic Johnson play for the Magic?" question. The Magic's City uniforms this year are black - watch them end up black with purple and gold as a "Magic Johnson tribute".

Or "This uniform is Lakers colors for the lasting tradition of centers who were taken with the #1 pick going to the Lakers". That's our never-ending cycle: be bad, get lucky with the 1st pick, get a center, said center dominates, we go to the Finals one year and the ECF the next, and then that center leaves for LA and takes a huge dump on the city in the process. I guarantee that if we got the first pick this year and took Ayton, that's exactly what would've happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for the Celtic green and white Lakers alternate jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s some better looks at the new City Edition shorts:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 3:04 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Nike. Stop. It's the Lakers. The Lakers. Stop. It's disgusting.

Nike shouldn't get all of the blame. The Lakers were wearing black before the changeover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Nike shouldn't get all of the blame. The Lakers were wearing black before the changeover.

 

Not on the classic uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, colortv said:

 

Not on the classic uniforms.

Yeah, but there was no need to add black to their color scheme in the first place. That started the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Yeah, but there was no need to add black to their color scheme in the first place. That started the whole thing.

 

Black was already a team color but mostly for the logo and the court. They can wear black, I don't mind it but I do mind when the black is on the main uniforms like they are now. They ruined the purple uniform and it upsets me. I don't mind the City uniform being wacky because that's what it's for but if I had my choice, I'd just have a black version of the white jersey for it like last time.

 

I was into this because it stayed within the "Lakers Uniform Rules" for lack of a better term. It's a Lakers jersey but this time it's black. That works.

 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F1128%2Fla_ua_you

 

Then you have the current Statement uniform which basically craps all over the idea that the Lakers should look like the Lakers. They look like the 1999 Knicks and you know what's funny about that? The Knicks uniform looks better.

 

R5fQCxu.pngT4Q3iwg.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also -- time for a throwback court. Something like what they had at the Forum, except with a silhouette of Staples Center at halfcourt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

 

Black was already a team color but mostly for the logo and the court. They can wear black, I don't mind it but I do mind when the black is on the main uniforms like they are now. They ruined the purple uniform and it upsets me. I don't mind the City uniform being wacky because that's what it's for but if I had my choice, I'd just have a black version of the white jersey for it like last time.

 

I was into this because it stayed within the "Lakers Uniform Rules" for lack of a better term. It's a Lakers jersey but this time it's black. That works.

 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F1128%2Fla_ua_you

 

Then you have the current Statement uniform which basically craps all over the idea that the Lakers should look like the Lakers. They look like the 1999 Knicks and you know what's funny about that? The Knicks uniform looks better.

 

R5fQCxu.pngT4Q3iwg.png

 

Unpopular opinion: I LIKED that Knicks look, both home and road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s some better looks at the new City Edition shorts:

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hollywood Nights jerseys that the Lakers had a few years ago were actually pretty cool. What I liked about them is that they served as an alternate while preserving the primary road and home jerseys. That's what Nike should've done: create a black, purple, and gold alternate based on the Hollywood Nights jersey. I know it's BFBS, but I get what they were shooting for. It's one of those things that can work if it's tastefully done. Just leave the primaries alone.

 

And for the record, black worked really well as a tertiary color for the Knicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with @Old School Fool on this one. I'm fine with the black. It works as an alternate jersey. But, yeah, I hate that they crapped it all over the purple Statement Jersey. I hate it even more than their shade of yellow/gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god. No. No no no no. No.

 

What is happening.

 

These are the goddamn Los Angeles :censored:ing Lakers! WHAT THE :censored: ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now