Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I never tought I'd say that one day but l prefer the current look...

So do I. At least the current look feels very "Miami." The new look is just too bland and corporate.

The only upgrades I see are less emphasis on the orange and a more anatomically correct fish. But otherwise this is a downgrade.

4 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I never tought I'd say that one day but l prefer the current look...

rG30ved_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

This looks like a logo the creators of Back To The Future would have made in 1985 for the futuristic Miami baseball team in 2015 if they would have known the name was going to be the Marlins. 

It does seem a little soulless.  Not sure if it's the lack of eyes, or the script that's basically just print letters with little connectors added.  Still think there's potential, but really need to see it in context now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

Feels like a cliché Miami fictionnal team in a movie... Also the pointy M doesn't go along the rounded "iami" at all. It looks cheap as :censored:...

I think the first "i" in Miami needs a foot on it or something. It's just so bizarre the way it is now.

And does anyone see what I mean with the tail of the Marlin in the left (hat) logo? It just vanishes!

This is all so sloppy. I wonder if Jeter skimped on the graphics design firm?

1 minute ago, Marlins93 said:

And does anyone see what I mean with the tail of the Marlin in the left (hat) logo? It just vanishes!

It vanishes because the blue stroke goes away.  I assume it's because it would cut that part of the M off if it was present.  Doesn't bother me... much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It vanishes because the blue stroke goes away.  I assume it's because it would cut that part of the M off if it was present.  Doesn't bother me... much.

It's too bizarre and amateur looking this way. Either have that part of the tail go behind the M or cut off that little part of it. Seriously, why would it be bad to cut off a small part of the M?

It's one of those things that you can't unsee after you've seen it.

In defense of the Marlins not going to a more teal based look, there is no reason why they have to switch. Just because an overwhelming majority of their fans say they should? What reason is that to be a uniform/logo design off of?

There's also no reason for them to have an identity. Or a decent team. Or a fanbase. Or any aspect of a successful franchise whatsoever.

They have finally rid themselves of Loria, but they still have a ways to go before they can shed the label of the team that sues its season-ticket holders.

A good step in that direction would be to give the fans what they want and go teal. This feels like a missed opportunity.

Loria HATED teal. There would have been no better way to give Loria the finger than to revert back to it. The fact that an overwhelming majority of Marlins fans seem to crave it makes the new Jeter rebrand a massive missed opportunity to say the least.

But the logos and scripts here are flawed enough that teal couldn't have saved them.

53 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

So do I. At least the current look feels very "Miami." The new look is just too bland and corporate.

The current look is very bland, too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

considering there seemed to be tons of demand for it

They're very well aware of this. Which is why they'll be happy to sell you either teal fashion jerseys or unveil a teal alternate.

I’m not a fan of how “Miami” just seems to be thrown onto the logo. It looks like an afterthought and that overlap of the “a” over the tail looks pretty sloppy and unclean. 

The script itself doesn’t look quite right either. We have a flowy, pointed uppercase “M” paired with script that doesn’t quite look like it shares all the same characteristics. The way the tail of the “i” at the end extends straight and is sharply cut is especially driving me crazy when I compare it to the way the “M” is designed with its slight curves and points. It’s like the “M” was designed on its own and some intern found the best stock font he could find that sorta kinda could maybe fit with it to type the rest out. It’s just “off”.

The Marlin could use an eye, but I’m cool with it as-is. I like it paired with the baseball and like the idea of it being more front and center in the primary than its predecessor, so that’s something.

I’ve already said my thoughts about the colors. Love them and think they have great potential together if used right.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I wasn't huge on the new logo at first, and now I'm even less huge on it. But, we'll have to wait until the actual reveal. I'm still not certain that this isn't a reproduction of what we've already seen (Kinda like how there were multiple mockups of the new Dolphins logo that weren't quite correct), so the final reveal may be better than what we're seeing here.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived