Recommended Posts

After last night's Thursday Night Football debacle, the Arizona Cardinals remain winless in their Color Rush blacks. Was thinking what other uniforms are cursed with bad luck in the world of sports? Here are a few extreme cases that I can name:

 

Arizona Cardinals Black Color Rush (winless in this uniform):

usatsi_10417453.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

 

Boston Celtics Black Sides Alternate (winless in the playoffs in these uniforms):

400px-Paul_Pierce_2008-01-13.jpg

 

Denver Broncos Orange Uniforms (winless in the Super Bowl in this color):

den-13-orangewhite-1-675x380.jpglvbroncos27s-4-web.jpg

 

New York Knicks Orange Alternate (winless in this uniform):

USATSI_7523822-675x380.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the Browns changed their uniforms in 2015 they have won 6 games, 2 of those wins came in the Color Rush uniforms. The white on white look has seen only one victory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Red Sox had one of the better Players Weekend jerseys, but they went winless in them both last year and this year. Kinda remarkable considering the years the Sox have had. 

 

082717redsoxnc28.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many fans thought Miami's Vice unis were cursed.  I compared their record of Vice unis vs. non-Vice unis and the numbers show they were around .500 no matter what they wore.  My analysis didn't seem to change too many minds back then, but I haven't seen anyone saying the new ones will be cursed.  I won't have anyone talk smack about my favorite unis!  If they ain't your personal taste, fine, but don't say they hurt the team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though Big Blue is all around bad right now, they're currently an 0-fer in 3 games wearing their Color Rush/throwback unis. Then again, they've only worn them against their bitter division rivals (twice against the Eagles and last year vs Dallas)

Eli-Manning-1032954.jpg?r=1539804889652ztf2yp8jo0w8y4heqj1o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1970_Dallas.png

 

Dallas's 1970-1990-ish Navy blue uniforms. (Or basically, the Navy blue uniform in general)

 

Bad luck from losses in Super Bowl V, the 1980 NFC Championship, and the 1982 NFC Championship. More offense then not, Philly, the Giant, and Washington will attempt to force them to wear them. Although, a majority of the players like the navy blue moreso than the silver-green pant white jersies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue Jays ditched the “cursed” white paneled cap midway through the 1993 season and then won the World Series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Denver Broncos Orange Uniforms (winless in the Super Bowl in this color):

den-13-orangewhite-1-675x380.jpglvbroncos27s-4-web.jpg

Just to expand on this.

 

Super Bowl 12: Broncos lose to the Cowboys with quarterback Craig Morton throwing as many completions as he did interceptions (four).

 

Super Bowl 22: The Broncos end the first quarter up 10-0. By halftime they were down 35-10 before eventually losing 42-10 to Washington. Until the Pats comeback against Atlanta, ten points was the record for largest comeback in a Super Bowl. The Redskins also set records for points scored in a single quarter, total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, and so on and so forth.

 

Super Bowl 24: The Broncos get bludgeoned to death 55-10, the most points allowed in a Super Bowl and the largest margin of defeat. The Niners scored two touchdowns in every single quarter.

 

Super Bowl 48: The Seahawks opened the game with a 36-0 lead before Denver scored that one time, with a final score of 43-8.

 

To summarize, the orange-clad Broncos have been on the ass end of three of the five biggest ass kickings in Super Bowl history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for islanders fisherman

 

Does anybody remember these jerseys for how good the Isles were in them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Just to expand on this.

 

Super Bowl 12: Broncos lose to the Cowboys with quarterback Craig Morton throwing as many completions as he did interceptions (four).

Super Bowl 22: The Broncos end the first quarter up 10-0. By halftime they were down 35-10 before eventually losing 42-10 to Washington. Until the Pats comeback against Atlanta, ten points was the record for largest comeback in a Super Bowl. The Redskins also set records for points scored in a single quarter, total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, and so on and so forth.

Super Bowl 24: The Broncos get bludgeoned to death 55-10, the most points allowed in a Super Bowl and the largest margin of defeat. The Niners scored two touchdowns in every single quarter.

Super Bowl 48: The Seahawks opened the game with a 36-0 lead before Denver scored that one time, with a final score of 43-8.

 

To summarize, the orange-clad Broncos have been on the ass end of three of the five biggest ass kickings in Super Bowl history.

To further summarize, Super Bowl 24 was during that period of time where the NFC won 13 straight Super Bowls and the NFC Championship Game was usually seen as the "real" Super Bowl. Other highlights of that era include the Patriots also losing by a landslide, the Bills losing huge to the Cowboys, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quillz said:

To further summarize, Super Bowl 24 was during that period of time where the NFC won 13 straight Super Bowls and the NFC Championship Game was usually seen as the "real" Super Bowl. Other highlights of that era include the Patriots also losing by a landslide, the Bills losing huge to the Cowboys, etc.

A streak that was ended by the navy blue Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

A streak that was ended by the navy blue Broncos.

Also denying the Packers of back-to-back titles, also the first team to win back-to-back Super Bowls. It all comes together. :spooky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quillz said:

Blue Jays ditched the “cursed” white paneled cap midway through the 1993 season and then won the World Series. 

But didn't they win in 1992? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

But didn't they win in 1992? ?

Yes. Then had a poor showing about midway through the 1993 season. Thinking it was their white-paneled caps holding them back, they switched full-time to the blue caps, recovered in the latter half and won another World Series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The Blue Jays have been known to get a little superstitious about their uniform and cap choices. The reason why the team abandoned the white panel caps back in 1993? It was because of a brief five-game losing streak during the 1993 season.


Equipment manager Jeff Ross suggested the club change over to the solid blue cap, and the Blue Jays never looked back (hat tip to Bluebird Banter for sharing those details).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Just to expand on this.

 

Super Bowl 12: Broncos lose to the Cowboys with quarterback Craig Morton throwing as many completions as he did interceptions (four).

Super Bowl 22: The Broncos end the first quarter up 10-0. By halftime they were down 35-10 before eventually losing 42-10 to Washington. Until the Pats comeback against Atlanta, ten points was the record for largest comeback in a Super Bowl. The Redskins also set records for points scored in a single quarter, total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, and so on and so forth.

Super Bowl 24: The Broncos get bludgeoned to death 55-10, the most points allowed in a Super Bowl and the largest margin of defeat. The Niners scored two touchdowns in every single quarter.

Super Bowl 48: The Seahawks opened the game with a 36-0 lead before Denver scored that one time, with a final score of 43-8.

 

To summarize, the orange-clad Broncos have been on the ass end of three of the five biggest ass kickings in Super Bowl history.

 

Yeesh. I knew they lost in it every time, but I’d forgotten how bad they got decimated each time. Especially SB 24, my gosh. That’s a darn good candidate for “team’s most cursed uniform color”, at the very least.

 

Don’t get me wrong, they look good in orange and I know it’s “thier color”, but shoot they’d better never wear it in a Super Bowl again. Keep a blue set handy if you can’t wear white and LOCK THE ORANGE JERSEYS IN A GD SAFE UNTIL THE OFFSEASON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now