Hometeam Haulover III: MLB

AAO

well...since its Hometown Haulover I have a few choices

Cleveland (where I was born, but lived in the least)

Detroit (where I grew up until 1994)

Florida (since I lived in the state since 1994)

Tampa Bay (where I've lived since 1997)

I guess I'll choose Tampa Bay since its where I live

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually have some free time to give this a shot, so I guess I'll claim the Pirates, as they're the closest team to Western New York that isn't taken yet. I'd love to get my hands on my Orioles, but it's Hometown Haul-Over, after all...

well in that case i guess i'll take the tigers

Nick, it is Hometeam Haulover afterall, and i wish i could let you do the Mariners, but i'd prefer you do the Rockies. you did a really good job in the past with the Nuggets and Broncos in the past HH's, so why not continue on with the Rockies.

Decypher is closest to Seattle, and Aussie you do live in Australia, so since Decypher's hometeam would be the Mariners, i think he should do the Mariners. Aussie i know Australia's colors are green and gold, so why dont you go along with the Oakland Athletics?

So out of all this this is what i suggest and hope everyone agrees with:

Nick 1733- Colorado Rockies

Decypher- Seattle Mariners

Aussie- Oakland Athletics (or any other team not taken yet)

Haha and also guys, it's Hometeam Haulover. Not hometown. Your hometeam would be the team your city where you reside currently considers its home team.

Chapi - You can select any team not yet taken.

Lost Limey- Yes the Nationals are available.

Here are the teams taken, but once again if there is no other choice some teams can be done twice:

New York Yankees

Boston Red Sox

New York Mets

Anaheim Angels

Atlanta Braves

Toronto Bluejays

Cleveland Indians

Texas Rangers

Colorado Rockies

Seattle Mariners

Chicago White Sox

St. Louis Cardinals

San Diego Padres

Houston Astros

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Minnesota Twins

Philadelphia Phillies

Baltimore Orioles

Pittsburgh Pirates

Detroit Tigers

I made up my mind and I plan to take Florida Marlins. Why? because there name has a weird feel to it.

AAO, the reason I didn't choose Athletics is because i can't think of any ideas for them. And I kind of think it is a crappy name. My idea for the Mariners was to use the Fremantle Dockers anchor somehow, Ilike he anchor, just not the colours.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

OK...without further ado, here's my entry into the mix...the Yankees get a facelift...

yanks_makeover.gif

Little tidbits on this...

--Decided to lighten the blue from a navy to a royal and make red a true secondary color. Socks will be solid blue and the shoes remain black in this ensamble.

--I didn't really mess with the home jersey, seeing it's a classic already...all I did was create a Sunday cap for them (something exactly like they wore in the early 20s)...

--Figured it was time for the Yanks to join the rest of the baseball world and put names on the road jerseys.

--The new logo was based on the NY the team had behind the plate during the 2001 season after 9/11. There are 26 stars in the NY, signifying the number of championships the Yanks have won.

--The alternate jersey is a road-only deal. I don't see the team wearing em at the Stadium...

C&Cs always welcome, but seeing it's a competition, I guess I'll find out how well this goes over :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

It looks pretty good, although I think it'd be just as cool with the Navy still there. If I had one complaint, it's the interlocking NY color on the alternate jersey and cap. It's really hard to make out... I'm not sure if edits to a design are allowed in this competition, but maybe make the "NY" white with blue stars and a red outline, just for the alternate?

Other than that, it looks good - I think you used just the right amount of red.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived