Winnipeg Blue Bombers Concept Logo

Phil

So the Bombers are undisputedly the greatest team in the history of the universe. But besides that, their logo right now has precious little to do with their name, other than look kinda cool.

So, in full knowledge that such a logo would be hard to implement, given potential backlash over militaristic imagery, I made the following logo.

Winnipeg%20Blue%20Bombers%20Logo.gif

It uses some elements of the logo used in the fondly-remembered '80s, but the colour scheme of the visually superior mid-'90s to the present.

Suggestions, questions, comments, criticisms?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The plane is good, but I think that the 'W' should be a little more noticeable. Maybe a full outline of it rather than just the top? I think with that added this could be a real winner.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So the Bombers are undisputedly the greatest team in the history of the universe. But besides that, their logo right now has precious little to do with their name, other than look kinda cool.

So, in full knowledge that such a logo would be hard to implement, given potential backlash over militaristic imagery, I made the following logo.

Winnipeg%20Blue%20Bombers%20Logo.gif

It uses some elements of the logo used in the fondly-remembered '80s, but the colour scheme of the visually superior mid-'90s to the present.

Suggestions, questions, comments, criticisms?

Now THAT, my friend, is a classic, iconic logo you done did see? That there, if used by the league (any of the 3--NFL, AFL, or CFL) would be among the tops in either if not all three at the same time.

It also seems as if it'd be rather easy to render in simple black-and-white--the true test of a great logo. And using the football as the fuselage of the bomber is absolutely genius--no, make that INGENIUS!!!

And for that, I must :notworthy:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow. Now that's a nice looking logo!

I'd love to buy a t-shirt with that logo on it. The only minor problem I have are the stitches because to me they don't really resemble the stitches on a ball or part of the bomb bay. It's sort of a cross between the two and I think it should either look more like the plane or the ball.

It fits the blue bomber theme so much better than the current. For those that haven't seen it before:

6246.gif

The current one pales in comparison to yours.

buffalo_sig.png

wow,that is a beautiful logo....what an original concept.......if i could make one suggestion....to me the laces would seem more suited to be on the top of the "plane"...just wondering if the logo would still work if you angled the plane downwards so that you were looking at the top of it instead of the bottom....just a suggestion......either way it's a very cool idea!

I'd love to see it on a white background. Would you put a gold outline on it or leave it out?

I will add myself in on the clearer W party. I initially had a problem with the laces on the bottom, but I got used to it quickly. It does play a bit with your eyes, but if you try to change it, your layout goes out the window.

Archived