Chicago Bulls Re-Brand Concept

bohob

For the past probably two years I've been doing football and baseball concepts. I've decided to shelve the MiLB Re-Brands for a little while. I then decided that basketball would be a good way to mix thing up. I then decided to take on the Bulls. OK, I know a lot of people will tout the Jordan Era and the fact the team has never changed logos, but this is a concept. I scrapped everything and started over. For the primary, I wanted a full-body bull. I have also given horns to the wordmark. The difference between the two primary logos is the height at which the bull sits on the wordmark. C&C is appreciated. Let me know what you think.

bulls_start.jpg

Not a huge fan of this for the Chicago Bulls. Looks a little minor-league. The bull looks like he's smirking and looks a bit too cartoony. The horns on the wordmark is a nice thought, but feels a little forced here.

With that said, I do like this for a minor league baseball team, although because of the angle, the right side of the Bulls' head feels a little unbalanced. Kudos on a clean, good-looking presentation.

Nice concept bohob, I agree with bigmike, the perspective is nice but I think you are giving us a little TOO much perspective, make the hoof a little smaller. You rendered the bull well, I think the perspective on the nose needs a little work, but it looks good. I find the beveling on the wordmark distracting. I think if you simply removed that aspect, it would look sooo much better.

I don't like this too much. I agree, the Bulls need a rebrand, but not this. If anything they should go more intimidating, an intense, modern bull. This looks like a regression into a cartoon. Not a fan of his face in general, he looks too fat, his legs look too stumpy, and the perspective is way too much on the front hoof. The wordmark has zero perspective, and the hoof over it just looks so awkward. If you insist on having the perspective hoof and the wordmark together, have the big hoof on top of the wordmark instead of slapped over it, then it actually looks like his leg is resting on something.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think it looks like you tried to make the front of the bull look closer than the rest, which I like.

Except, I would make the head bigger if the front hooves are that big. Or just make the front hooves smaller.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like it, and I actually really enjoy everything about the wordmark, including the bevel. The one thing that really bothers me though is something about the bottom of the face. It looks like it was kind of "chomped" or bitten off, if you know what I mean. I know that that's the shape of a bull's face, but it kind of looks like it's missing the rest of it's face.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

i dont like this better than what the Bulls have right now, but i love it for any other Bulls team. i like the perspective of the bull and if you're going to do the "hero shot" with it, treat the word mark the same way. give it the same bottom-up perspective

edit - actually i think the perspective would look better if it were more like this

14v5gf9.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

UPDATES

• I made both of the front hooves smaller

• I edited the smirk to something I think is angrier

• The eyebrow has been lengthened to make the bull more intimidating

• The mark on the head is edited to fit the other edits better

• The nose has changed to look less "dinosaurish"

• The lockup of the text and logo has been changed so the wordmark is now on top

I hope these edits improve the logo. C&C please.

bulls_start2.jpg

P.S. Does anyone have a good template for basketball jerseys in vector?

I must say that I really enjoy this rebrand your working on here. I dont think the Bulls would ever go for something this different than what theyve had for IDK 40 years, but this is just for fun. Would be perfect for some minor league team. But here are my thoughtson it:

I like the wordmark now better without what I think everyone is referring to as 'bevels' or 'beveling'. much cleaner and since the bull has no highlghts, just shadows, it didnt match. now it does a little more.

I like the perspective with the big hoof in the forefront. I thought it adds an "in your face" feel that is great. I really like this bull.

With the Bull being the focal point of the logo, I dont think a huge wordmark goes well with it. It seems like the bull and wordmark are competing for the viewers attention and in my opinion the bull wins. I think a smaller wordmark would be better.

Also, on the wordmark, obviously this is a Bull and I dont need to see the entire second L in BULLS to get that, but he bottom portion of the L is covered up and if you keep the wordmark there, at least part of the lower linein the L should be visible IMO.

the top black curve on the wordmark doesnt flow at the same arch as the letters. above the B and the U it sort of jumps up a little and fixing that minor thing would make it more professional I think.

The secondary I love, and this is more likely the kind of update the actuall bulls could use. However, I always like the unibrow or connecting shadow wrinkles that make the real bulls' logo so mean. If you were to do that it would be perfect in my mind, but it's just a preference of mine and what you have is really just fine on the secondary

sorry for gettig so detailed but this is one of my favorite concepts Ive seen on here in a while and think its so close.

Your wordmark, while it?s definitely unique, it seems a bit too ?cowboy? or ?rustic ranch? with the horns, and the black space above the two L?s doesn?t look right. I like how you?ve cut down on the cartoonish look of the mouth and eyes on the bull head from your original concept, so great job there! Have you thought of maybe giving his hoofs maybe a grayish color, or maybe making them look more jagged and worn as opposed to white and clean?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

UPDATE #3

Here's what's changed

? Thicker outline on Primary & Partial.

? Smaller wordmark on Primary; thus showing off the 2nd L more.

? Fixed the curved at the top of the wordmark.

? Developed secondary. Not sure about the brow. Any C&C regarding that would be most helpful.

Wasatch, I originally had the hooves grey, but it looked out of place. As for scuff marks, I'm not sure it will fit the flow of the logo. Also, if anyone has a good uniform template in vector, PM me please. Have at it with the C&C!

bulls_start4.jpg

Archived