2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn it!

Knicks were so close to beating OKC without Melo.

I guess I do not really have much to complain about. The Knicks showed a good amount of fight in being able to battle OKC for the whole game.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9031045/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-cleared-play-waiting-dunk-confidently-left-foot-source-says

Derrick Rose story just got a bit more interesting.

As a side note I like it whenever they mention someone like Rose is on schedule with his rehab. What schedule? A schedule implies there's a predetermined for him to come back. If there's no such date, then you could say Rose is both behind and ahead of schedule and you couldn't disprove either because there's no set date for him to come back.

Its just one of those buzz sayings that sounds good, but when you think about it for five minutes has no real meaning behind it. Just wanted to plug that thought in somewhere because after saying someone is "elite" its the next most annoying thing I hear in the media now.

Rose can take all the time he wants. If he's tentative about jumping off of his left foot still, I don't want him playing in the game at all. The last thing anyone would want to see is him hesitating or second guessing himself going up off his left foot and landing awkwardly and injuring himself again. I want them to be more careful than they should with this comeback. I wouldn't even be disappointed if Rose chose to sit out the entire season.

What I think will happen/what I think would be best is if Rose is able to come back with ~10 games left in the regular season. That will give him time to get back into game shape, let Thibodeau sort out his rotation, and build at least some chemistry heading into the playoffs. I'm not too concerned with the regular season unless the Bulls find themselves in 8th, but I don't see that happening.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

What I think will happen/what I think would be best is if Rose is able to come back with ~10 games left in the regular season. That will give him time to get back into game shape, let Thibodeau sort out his rotation, and build at least some chemistry heading into the playoffs. I'm not too concerned with the regular season unless the Bulls find themselves in 8th, but I don't see that happening.

I would hope that's the plan.

At this point one of two things must be true. Either A. the Bulls medical staff is being too aggressive in clearing him to play again, or B. Rose is babying himself by sitting out games even though he could play at a level of health that wouldn't be unreasonable. Either way somebody deserves to be called out. We're not going an actual a medical update on Rose, but I think the Bulls front office knows full well who's pushing too hard/sandbagging.

All I'll say is if I hear a guy can go full contact in five on five practice, I'm taking that as he's healthy enough to play and he's just choosing not to. My feeling is there's something else going on here that we don't know about.

ibnh5XnXbm4KRC.gif

Oh CS85, video embedding is so 2006. Now Drew22, he has it in GIF from, the way of the future!

Also:

q5A3I2c.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

We're finally in the 8th spot! 19 games left and now we just have to keep it up.

If the playoffs started today, and the Lakers and Clippers won their first round series, they'd play each other for the first time in the postseason.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It is going to take a while for Knight to live that one down.

Very simple question to ask if I'm Lawrence Frank. Why are Greg Monroe and Charlie Villanueva BOTH playing help defense against Chris Paul when he's on the wing in a spot where he can't shoot?

If both your bigs are up high playing the ball and Singler the three is on the corner, who does that leave in the paint area? I'm sure Chris Paul was asking himself the same question right before he threw that alley oop.

Saddest part of that I find is that poor Brandon Knight got a foul called him for that as well. Bad enough the poor kid will be on every highlight in the country for a week for all the wrong reasons simply for trying to make a play on defense, he gets called for a foul as well. I don't care what the rulebook says, you tell me at what point of him getting posterized like that and nearly get knocked out in the process where he effected DeAndre Jordan in the act of "shooting". That's just not right.

I mentioned I went to the game last night in another thread, but Cousins is in hot water AGAIN after elbowing Dunleavy in the head last night. Who knows how long the suspension will be.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived