2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

Speaking of the AWBL, what the hell is up with their logo?

logo.png

Not a great beginning for a new start-up league, stealing a logo. Or part of one.

Milwaukee-Brewers-logo.gif

They still grow barley in Orange County?

They use to grow barley in northern and central Orange County. Whether anyone does now, I'm not sure. I sure as heck haven't seen any traveling on the 405, 5, or 22 Freeways. But who knows, underneath those housing tracts might be miles and miles of barley farms! :hockeysmiley:

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday on the Logocast, we interviewed the GM of the Eugene Emeralds. He was really excited about the new look, and thought it had a lot of potential. The old look was great, but it was near the bottom of the MiLB merchandise sales list.

ALSO he sent us what the road uniform looks like, and we're going to leak it when we post the show. It's pretty wild.

These logos for three member-franchises of the independent American West Baseball League have been out for awhile, but I thought that I would gather them in one place.

fullterton-flyers-new-logo-awbl.jpg

That's a very clean and respectable logo. Simple yet not too generic, I like it.

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

I don't know WHAT Brandiose's problem is, but they really need to get their :censored: straight. Lexington was meh, the Popeye and asparagus were well-done but a bit much, and those Western Michigan ones are complete garbage.

Kinda sad to see one of the good agencies repeatedly fail lime this.

Don't blame the agency. Obviously you have never been in the design process. The look is because of the client, it's what they wanted and what they signed off on. The designers, design something and the client looks at it and then tells them, "I like this, but not this. How about we do this?" A lot of times the designer sits there and thinks, "Are you f'n crazy? That looks horrible!" It's at that time the designer realizes that he has bills to pay, shrugs and says, "Sure." As a designer, you can only fight the client to look good for so long. It's a losing battle, if the client wants to look bad, there is nothing you can do. You do the crappy stuff, so you can work with clients to get it and allow you to make them look good.

I'm a graphic designer. I know how it works. Spare me your analysis.

I'm saying these logos and color palettes could have (and SHOULD have) been executed a lot better. I believe that these logos should have been 'worked up' quite a bit more, ESPECIALLY if the client was dead-set on that particular monogram and tiger-wave thing.

Sigs are for sissies.

Emeralds jersey.

img_0623.jpg

Whoa. I was on board for double green caps and logos (hoping that the contrast would be better on the actual caps) but these jerseys remind me of low minor-league hockey one-offs. (You know, St. Pat's Day, Valentines... sheriffs.) Honestly, I didn't know that kind of coloring was an option on baseball jerseys, and I fear what these will lead to. Does't work for me, but do your thing, Ems.

Yep. I vomited all over my shirt, too, when I saw it. They could've at least washed it first.

Apparently, you were eating this:

2009_12_14-SplitPeaSoup.jpg

What Pantone is that pea soup, ColorWerx?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here are a few pics of the Ems' jersey that I took in Nashville:

2012-12-04112803.jpg

2012-12-04112825.jpg

2012-12-04112812.jpg

I personally love it, as well as the Boise Hawks' new red kit. (I really wish I had gotten pics of it...)

Boise's new jersey is red with bronze/white/gold wings on the shoulders, the claw and ball logo on the front, and talons/rips up the pant leg. It's pretty freaking sweet. Say what you want about Brandiose, but they are breathing some very fresh air into the world of baseball design.

I personally love it, as well as the Boise Hawks' new red kit. (I really wish I had gotten pics of it...)

Boise's new jersey is red with bronze/white/gold wings on the shoulders, the claw and ball logo on the front, and talons/rips up the pant leg. It's pretty freaking sweet. Say what you want about Brandiose, but they are breathing some very fresh air into the world of baseball design.

Don't hate the new Ems jersey, but I hope the other uniforms are more traditional. What I don't get is if that's the road jersey, why are the pants and bottom of the jersey white?

I think the red cap Boise already has looks sharp, however I wish they would just stick with green/gold... it's a little more unique

Don't hate the new Ems jersey, but I hope the other uniforms are more traditional. What I don't get is if that's the road jersey, why are the pants and bottom of the jersey white?

I think the red cap Boise already has looks sharp, however I wish they would just stick with green/gold... it's a little more unique

That's the Ems' road jersey? I would've guessed alternate, seeing as their logo slick had wordmarks for both "Emeralds" and "Eugene." IIRC, the New Era booth at the trade show in Nashville had the same "EMS" logo on their 3930 BP cap on display.

Here are a few pics of the Ems' jersey that I took in Nashville:

2012-12-04112803.jpg

2012-12-04112825.jpg

2012-12-04112812.jpg

not the biggest fan of this identity or Brandiose in general, but this jersey is really great. i cant wait to see it on the field

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived