Worst injuries you ever saw

TrueYankee26

Just remembered this.

It was a formula 1 race, a guy was off the track waiting for safety crews to arrive. This kid with a fire extinguisher runs out, only to be clipped by a car, and litterally torn apart. He dropped the extinguisher on the head of the guy who hit him and he died too.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst injuries I have seen

1. Clint MIlarchuk-The blood it is a miracle he did not die.

2. Kevin Ware-Greusome the bone sticking out of a player wearing shorts makes it even worse.

3. Napoleon Kaufman-Nearly died as leg was completly twisted damaging artery

4. Joe Theisman-The injury everyone saw and can't forget

5. Moises Alou-Ankle did a 360 on the turf

6. Shaun Livingston- A good career ruined as knee poped

7. Marcus Lattimore-See Above

8. Wendell Davis- Running on the vet turf with both knees oping as he was untouched

9. Johnny Knox-Landed on his kneck, miracle he was not killed or paralyzed

10. Dave Dravecky-The arm snapping was scary and sad at the same time.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm surprised nobody included these two:

Willis McGahee:

Tyrone Prothro (crappy quality):

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Also, Geoff Jenkins and Jason Kendall's ankle injuries...

geoff-jenkins-ankle-injury.jpg

Jenkins_display_image.jpg?1319425402

jason-kendall.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This wasn't the worst, but scares the bejeezus out of you....Bryce Florie's hit in the face by a line drive:

spacer.png

Also...if you just want to be grossed out...hehehe...

This scared me as a little kid and is gross:

...okay I'll stop...now I'm just being a jerk ;)

spacer.png

My question is, who is the photographer that had enough stomach to look at that, bring up his camera, snap a picture, and then proceed to look at/edit it for publication later on?

Not sure, but this is what photographers live for. It's their job to snapshot moments in history at any given moment, especially if it's something horrifying. There must always be those willing to document the grim moments throughout culture, from a broken leg to a flaming monk to a murdered college student.

I get that. That's why there are photographers sent into war zones and other horrible places. My point is, a photographer covering a basketball game isn't expecting something like that, and probably never has had to. I just know that if it were me, I would probably have put the camera down and turned away immediately. While I can look at photos and videos of such things, if I ever saw it in real life I'd lose my lunch.

oBIgzrL.png

Surprised no mention yet (unless I missed it) of Tim Krumrie in the Super Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNzWp_qQGo8&feature=player_detailpage

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Napoleon McCallum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT4kAKB2CT8

Joe Theisman

spacer.png

TJ Ford's fall against the T-Wolves during his rookie year...Andrew Bogut damn near destroying his elbow...look em up your damn selves, once was enough for me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The worst injuries I have seen

1. Clint MIlarchuk-The blood it is a miracle he did not die.

2. Kevin Ware-Greusome the bone sticking out of a player wearing shorts makes it even worse.

3. Napoleon Kaufman-Nearly died as leg was completly twisted damaging artery

4. Joe Theisman-The injury everyone saw and can't forget

5. Moises Alou-Ankle did a 360 on the turf

6. Shaun Livingston- A good career ruined as knee poped

7. Marcus Lattimore-See Above

8. Wendell Davis- Running on the vet turf with both knees oping as he was untouched

9. Johnny Knox-Landed on his kneck, miracle he was not killed or paralyzed

10. Dave Dravecky-The arm snapping was scary and sad at the same time.

Napoleon McCallum.

• 10 months later...

Just remembered this.It was a formula 1 race, a guy was off the track waiting for safety crews to arrive. This kid with a fire extinguisher runs out, only to be clipped by a car, and litterally torn apart. He dropped the extinguisher on the head of the guy who hit him and he died too.

Wow that is absolutely brutal! I saw another video of the same accident but it showed paramedics stretchering the individual across the track. But it didnt look like a person as how limp and bloody it was

Just remembered this.It was a formula 1 race, a guy was off the track waiting for safety crews to arrive. This kid with a fire extinguisher runs out, only to be clipped by a car, and litterally torn apart. He dropped the extinguisher on the head of the guy who hit him and he died too.

Wow that is absolutely brutal! I saw another video of the same accident but it showed paramedics stretchering the individual across the track. But it didnt look like a person as how limp and bloody it was

• 4 months later...

Archived