College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are way too many patterns on that uniform.....

the hell is wrong with just wearing a color?

It's not OMG SWAG SWAG enough for the teenagers, and remember, they have to be consulted on every uniform decision. If it doesn't make a bunch of impressionable idiots fall over screaming when someone walks into a conference room wearing the uniform (God, I :censored:ing hate those videos) then it's worthless.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

i've said it once, and i'll say it again... this thread makes me very proud to be an alabama fan...

and a dallas stars fan...

and a boston red sox fan...

my teams look good. not sure why it's so hard for everyone else lately.

Not sure why videos of players reacting to uniforms bother people, its not a picture, you actually chose to click on the video then sit there and watch it.

Because all they do is serve to reinforce the idea that these ridiculous costumes they call uniforms are OK.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

ehhh they're a one time deal I'm sure, so I don't really care. I don't hate them but I don't love them. They'll be worn against ODU, which will only be able to be seen if you go to the game or watch it on ESPN3. Have no problem wearing them for this game.

Not sure why videos of players reacting to uniforms bother people, its not a picture, you actually chose to click on the video then sit there and watch it.

because the kids should have the same opinions and taste they do! duh! I like uniforms just as much as the next guy, but some people take these uniforms more serious than they do the games. They know what they're going to see when they watch the video, some player in it jumping around then revealing it to players who go crazy (because what Athletic Department would put out a promo of the players not liking the uniforms), but they watch it anyways. They could just comment on the jerseys, but also commenting on this allows them another post just to make sure everyone else knows how much they don't like them and how they hate what college football has become, as if no one read it the first time.

Well, yes, this is a message board where I'm permitted to express my opinion, even if it is negative.

i've said it once, and i'll say it again... this thread makes me very proud to be an alabama fan...

and a dallas stars fan...

and a boston red sox fan...

my teams look good. not sure why it's so hard for everyone else lately.

Gotta say all the teams I root for look nice and classy too. Rams could use some changes, but by far not the worst.

Feel like that NC State helmet could give me a seizure!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Another interesting find from same twitter feed:

NC State "Pack in Black" jersey

BwahQ4dCcAEv6mq.jpg

BwZ9wdAIMAArefm.jpg

Those are absolutely terrible.
Agreed. And what the hell is wrong with the area around the N on the chest?

If they based the uniform off that helmet it'd look so much better. Instead it looks like a 4 year hyped up on an energy drink did this.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know we give Russell Athletic a lot of grief for their horrible uniform designs, but I have got to say they did an amazing job for UT-Martin as I thought their uniform was the best looking one on the field against UK on Saturday. BTW, whatever Kentucky did to their blue helmets needs to be reverted back to last years colors.

8.jpg

spacer.png

I know we give Russell Athletic a lot of grief for their horrible uniform designs, but I have got to say they did an amazing job for UT-Martin as I thought their uniform was the best looking one on the field against UK on Saturday. BTW, whatever Kentucky did to their blue helmets needs to be reverted back to last years colors.

8.jpg

Hey it's Auburn's little brother!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Another interesting find from same twitter feed:

NC State "Pack in Black" jersey

BwahQ4dCcAEv6mq.jpg

BwZ9wdAIMAArefm.jpg

It baffles me as to why everybody goes for the crazy gradients. A black/silver gradient paired with a primarily black/silver (with red accents) jersey would not only look a lot better, but actually be appropriate, by mimicking the color of some wolves. But no, they had to go with the black/red gradient the 1000 different patterns.

Seriously, is it too much to use reasonable gradients if they're to be used? If the colors don't easily blend together naturally, and the two final colors being used aren't similar, then they shouldn't be used for gradients.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Yeah, there's almost a purple quality to the helmet when the sun hits it.

As for UT-Martin's uniforms, they would be nice if they weren't Auburn's uniforms with a different helmet logo. It's one thing when you have Iowa doing the Steelers' look better than the Steelers do it. It's obviously a copy, but at least they aren't both NCAA teams and wouldn't ever play each other. UT-Martin could ostensibly play Auburn. And it would look like a scrimmage.

FAKE EDIT: They did play in 2008. And UT-Martin played in orange. It looked alright, but still like a spring game.

50f9d2ad06e8c.image.jpg

REAL EDIT: Those UTM uniforms don't even have stripes and have shadowed numbers and they still look similar. The homes and aways are almost exactly the same though, outside of material cuts, etc.

Archived