North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

The unbalanced conferences are what's cold. Too many good teams in the west and too much junk concentrated in the east.

Though I have a feeling NYCFC is going to do pretty well as an expansion team. Their DPs are the right level to succeed in MLS, and the team seems to be taking MLS competition and development seriously.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The unbalanced conferences are what's cold. Too many good teams in the west and too much junk concentrated in the east.

Though I have a feeling NYCFC is going to do pretty well as an expansion team. Their DPs are the right level to succeed in MLS, and the team seems to be taking MLS competition and development seriously.

Ah... my bad. The NYCFC part I do agree with though since the ownership looks to be a complete 180 degrees of Vergara in terms of competence (for now).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Chivas USA officially ceased operations today.New LA owners to be announced Thursday, and team will start play in 2017.In the meantime, Houston and KC go back to the West to even the conferences at 10 each.

Looks like the new LA team will have no ties to Chivas too. Even the Chivas academy is being shut down.

The crowd at tonight's FC Dallas/Whitecaps game is pretty pathetic. It's a playoff game -- show up Dallas!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You keep dreaming, pal. You can have your beloved western suburbs, but the city is already ours... :P They had 20 years to turn it red, but couldn't be bothered even to try. Fair enough, but can't complain now.

Great win, though. Never understand how KC can leave him so completely unmarked in front of the goal.

I didn't know that the Cosmos had such a presence in NYC. When I went there this summer, I saw zero Cosmos gear in any of the stores I went to, nor do I recall seeing anyone wearing Cosmos gear around town. In fact, the only Cosmos-related thing I saw was a sticker that someone placed over an NYCFC ad. I was disappointed, because I wanted to get a jersey while I was there.

Cosmos don't have much of a merchandising platform, I'll grant you. But they do a ton of community outreach, sponsoring kids' soccer clinics, booths at local street fairs, floats in the Columbus Day Parade, representatives at soccer bars throughout the city, and tons of other initiatives.

Spend any time in the city's soccer culture, and you'll bump into the Cosmos. The kind of stuff that Red Bull does in New Jersey but not in New York.

Speaking of the Red Bulls that was a nice win tonight over DC which will most probably put them in a Eastern Conference Final match-up with New England (4-2 lead coming back home & the away goal rule make it pretty likely they will advance).

Speaking of the Red Bulls that was a nice win tonight over DC which will most probably put them in a Eastern Conference Final match-up with New England (4-2 lead coming back home & the away goal rule make it pretty likely they will advance).

Couldn't believe that score - DC has been pretty good as of late. Either way, New England is probably the scariest team left, as they've been consistently terrific since picking up Jermaine Jones (who should be in Chicago, but whatev).

I am hoping New York makes it to the MLS Cup against Seattle. Thierry Henry won't play on the turf in the regular season, but you'd have to think he'd play what could be the last game of his MLS career.

Yeah, it's a little concern after the performance today. The way we've been playing, I was hoping for a loss in the Final to either the Sounders or LA, but I guess that's what I get for being a little optimistic about a DC sports team.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Speaking of this year's playoffs I'm not a huge fan of the away goal rule being introduced this year.

If the Galaxy and RSL have a 1-1 tie in LA then RSL will win because of that rule which totally eliminates any sort of home field advantage the Galaxy will have. What's the point of fighting all season to get home field advantage in the 2nd leg if you can be eliminated by getting a tie at home because you are the home team.

If anything RSL is going to have the advantage since the only way they can be eliminated is if the Galaxy win or losing in penalties if it's tied at 0 after extra time.

Speaking of this year's playoffs I'm not a huge fan of the away goal rule being introduced this year.

If the Galaxy and RSL have a 1-1 tie in LA then RSL will win because of that rule which totally eliminates any sort of home field advantage the Galaxy will have. What's the point of fighting all season to get home field advantage in the 2nd leg if you can be eliminated by getting a tie at home because you are the home team.

If anything RSL is going to have the advantage since the only way they can be eliminated is if the Galaxy win or losing in penalties if it's tied at 0 after extra time.

For sure. it makes the MLS playoffs even more of a crapshoot than it already is. I think it should be more like NFL playoffs, where the better team gets homefield, and there's no home and away. Why fight all season for the Supporter's Shield, just to essentially have a neutral field for all of the playoffs except the opening knockout round and the final?

For sure. it makes the MLS playoffs even more of a crapshoot than it already is. I think it should be more like NFL playoffs, where the better team gets homefield, and there's no home and away. Why fight all season for the Supporter's Shield, just to essentially have a neutral field for all of the playoffs except the opening knockout round and the final?

You are right but that probably doesn't happen since less playoff games = less money.

Archived