NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather like the All-Star jerseys, especially after last season's wrecks. It'd be really nice if they had wordmarks, but I can live without it. They have a nice old-school park streetball look to them. Good job.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

That sounds pretty cool, but has the potential to be disastrous. At least they are going back to something with history, but with modern touch.

Does anyone have any clue about the Rockets changes next season? Are they seriously just going to change the cut and keep the current uniforms, while adding a yellow alternate? That's so damn disappointing. Rockets fans have been begging for a return to the classic uniform and colors, so they give us overkill on yellow when all we wanted was the color used as a highlight as it should be.

Even so, If you're going to stick with the current script, logos, etc. You might as well get a new uniform design altogether. These current unis haven't worked since the mid 2ks when they used that shiny fabric and they used unique numbers. Now they use generic numbers and the rings on the sleeves will look too clustered if you shorten the sleeve cut imo. You would probably have to have both rings join together to form a single sleeve trim. The cut on the neck and trim would have to change completely as well.

The Sharpie-inspired yellow highlighter color is awful in the way that Oregon currently uses it. There is absolutely no way that you could present that color in a way that would be passable to me. I hate this news more than the bland blue away uniform that the Hawks currently wear.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

David Aldridge on NBATV during highlights: "I hate-hate-hate-hate-hate the Celtics in green and the Lakers in gold at the Garden. It's Lakers vs. Celtics. Lakers in purple. Celtics in white."

He's right -- but not only that, but the Celtics were wearing the black-trim alternates. I thought those hideous alternates were trashed to make way for the new sleeved hideous alternates, but no.

David Aldridge on NBATV during highlights: "I hate-hate-hate-hate-hate the Celtics in green and the Lakers in gold at the Garden. It's Lakers vs. Celtics. Lakers in purple. Celtics in white."

He's right -- but not only that, but the Celtics were wearing the black-trim alternates. I thought those hideous alternates were trashed to make way for the new sleeved hideous alternates, but no.

Those hideous alternates are still better than the new sleeved hideous alternates, but just by a nose. Make that a sleeve.

I'm cautiously optimistic about that Hawks leak? Their current unis are boring as it gets, might as well inject a bit of life into it even if it means highlighter. I think some kind of red/black/yellow could work (a la Belgium soccer), though there's also the risk of looking like McDonald's.

Archived