NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Honestly, if we have to have Christmas uniforms, how hard would it be to just recolor the teams' normal uniforms in red and green? They could even do red-vs.-green color-on-color matchups. And they could bring back the old snowflake NBA logo. Then it would actually look appropriately Christmassy instead of like a cynical cash grab.

Love it ! . And the refs should also be in x-mas attire, Joey Crawford with some Rudolph antlers

I think that would be awesome actually. I am also not against the idea of doing 'UGLY SWEATER' jerseys. They'd be busier than hell, but at least they're MEANT to be ugly.

I thought about whipping up some ugly sweater jerseys. The patterns could use the team logos or other elements of their brand like the team branded sweaters that have come out for every sport.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Hornets are already overusing their teal alternate unis.

I don't see why that's a bad thing?

Well, firstly because their purple away uni ended up better looking, and secondly, I don't like when teams wear their alternates too often, because the cool-factor of an alternate uni wears off very quickly.

And I'm not a fan of color vs. color matchups either, unless it's a light color against dark.

I feel like the teal is pretty light though.

It depends. Against the Suns' orange alternate and Bucks' red, there wasn't any contrast.

Honestly, if we have to have Christmas uniforms, how hard would it be to just recolor the teams' normal uniforms in red and green? They could even do red-vs.-green color-on-color matchups. And they could bring back the old snowflake NBA logo. Then it would actually look appropriately Christmassy instead of like a cynical cash grab.

Love it ! . And the refs should also be in x-mas attire, Joey Crawford with some Rudolph antlers

I think that would be awesome actually. I am also not against the idea of doing 'UGLY SWEATER' jerseys. They'd be busier than hell, but at least they're MEANT to be ugly.

I thought about whipping up some ugly sweater jerseys. The patterns could use the team logos or other elements of their brand like the team branded sweaters that have come out for every sport.

I remember seeing those when browsing the NBA store way back when. And let's not only put sleeves on them, but make them long-sleeved. And play outdoors!

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Well, firstly because their purple away uni ended up better looking, and secondly, I don't like when teams wear their alternates too often, because the cool-factor of an alternate uni wears off very quickly.

And I'm not a fan of color vs. color matchups either, unless it's a light color against dark.

The Cavs wear their gold jerseys quite a bit with their wine jersey and now that the navy alt is back, be prepared to see quite a few different looks from the cavs this year

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Not real, but pretty funny.

B2bUqb6IAAAPyOa.jpg

Still better than the real crap.

The Cavs wear their gold jerseys quite a bit with their wine jersey and now that the navy alt is back, be prepared to see quite a few different looks from the cavs this year

Yup, have already prepared myself for that.

B2bUqb6IAAAPyOa.jpg

I like the idea of it. In the right composition I think such jerseys would sell pretty well at christmas.

Not only would they sell but they would be the best xmas jerseys that ever came out. And no sleeves?? I'd instantly buy a Nets one

GO NETS.

B2bUqb6IAAAPyOa.jpg

I like the idea of it. In the right composition I think such jerseys would sell pretty well at christmas.

Not only would they sell but they would be the best xmas jerseys that ever came out. And no sleeves?? I'd instantly buy a Nets one

A one-off like this would be perfect!

Another Color vs Color alert! Warriors debuted their Slate alternates against Charlotte last night who wore their alternate uniform as well.

hi-res-526f228887578b86048d4da16f580a83_

hi-res-5eedf70a030befa44a88c4ac5b3612a8_

Both pics are from same game (images from bleacher report) but its so weird that the TEAL is vastly different in the pictures. Top looks correct while the bottom pic looks like Carolina blue unis! (Not bad IMO but not correct)

shado_logo.gif

Another Color vs Color alert! Warriors debuted their Slate alternates against Charlotte last night who wore their alternate uniform as well.

Both pics are from same game (images from bleacher report) but its so weird that the TEAL is vastly different in the pictures. Top looks correct while the bottom pic looks like Carolina blue unis! (Not bad IMO but not correct)

The teal unis are far superior to the purple, in hopeful that like the TWolves we'll see the alternate far more than the primary.

Looks like whoever did the color correction on the bottom one really screwed the pooch.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Millsap-2.jpg

It's extremely satisfying to see the Pac-Man and Music Note logos on the scoreboard here. The order is nearly restored, they just need to become primary logos and then we're all good.

True, it's nice to see the Pac-Man and Jazz Note logos back, but you forgot the color schemes. Atlanta needs to dump navy for yellow, and Utah should at least lighten their blue and/or green, if not return to purple.

I thought about how Navy/Kelly Green/Yellow, Royal/Kelly Green/Yellow, or Purple/Green/Yellow would allow for more contrast between the Jazz's current blue and green. And considering that the Jazz consider silver/gray as an unofficial team color (nowhere to be found on the uniforms, of course, but found in merchandising, advertising, etc.), I've thought of replacing the navy with purple and gray with light blue, perhaps yielding the most serviceable Utah Jazz color scheme:

15806057171_afcd25c373.jpg

That way, you can have a color scheme more fitting of the original Jazz colors (White home, Purple/Green/Yellow road, Green/Yellow/Purple 3rd, Light Blue/Purple 4th, don't call it a pride jersey). Just a thought.

Intentionally ugly is far better than unintentionally ugly. As one-offs I wouldn't mind.

And how will the Warriors jerseys look like? Are they going to replace the current logo with another logo?

B2bjc_NCMAAkSN4.jpg

@Rusty_SFChron: Steph Curry's reaction when told the Christmas jerseys have first names on them: "They got Wardell on it? I’m going to have to petition."

1 - It's stupid. The placement of the number is moved, unlike all the other jerseys. Secondly, replace the logo with a really similar logo? Dumb.

2 - Yeah, please have Wardell on it.

Unpopular opinion alert...I like the Spurs' gray, logoed alts, and wouldn't mind a couple teams going that route, nor would I mind seeing a team or two put names below the numbers on the back, but the contrasting NOB panel and the first name are terrible ideas.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I love the Spurs' alts - they remind me of the old San Diego Conquistadors' unis.

The only team that should ever wear the name below the number is the Kings. When they did it, it was quirky and unique. When every team does it, it just comes off as contrived.

Archived