MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of Light Blue and Yellow with Brown. It just looks akward and is a big no. However, I enjoy everything else. Perhaps you could mix the Blue and Orange era in and drop Yellow for Sand? In other words these colours as your new colour scheme: Brown, Orange and Sand. I think that would help this concept, and move away from the whole Brown and Yellow thing going on with the Padres.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Very good, but some minor sticking points:

1) Light blue piping is clashing on the white jersey since there is nothing light blue on the wordmark.

2) Arched mark on the road jersey looks bland, the bow-tie SanDiegO mark was cool. The Light blue on the cap for the road "greys" looks very out of place with no other light blue anywhere

3) Alt cap only works for the yellow jersey

For grins and giggles, how bout giving the Friar brown hair instead of black?

Can't wait for the Giants!

I was finally able to finish up the Padres.

PADRESLOGOS.png

PADREShomeuniforms.png

PADRESawayuniforms.png

PADRESElementExplanation.png

As I said earlier, I wasn't going to do another brown and yellow concept because there have been so many other similar concepts. Then I decided that this was my concept, and I shouldn't worry too much about what others have done. The orange and brown just didn't have enough contrast for me to think that it looked great together. I didn't really like either brown that they have used; the one is too light and the other is too maroon. So I combined them. (I used a gradient to figure out what the exact combination of the two browns would be.)

I grew up with them wearing their khaki color for their away uniforms, and for some reason the Padres just don't look right in gray to me. It does also somewhat resemble their camouflage jerseys they have worn without being camo. (I don't like the idea of sports teams wearing camo, to me it trivializes the horror and seriousness of war. I understand that teams are trying to honor military personnel and veterans, but I won't be incorporating any camo jerseys into this concept series.)

The alternate hat is obviously taken from their 1972-84 hats. I decided to use the mid-90s alternate logo instead of their old Padres logo. I prefer the more realistic monk instead of the weirdly-shaped head of the old (and now re-adopted) logo.

On the white jersey, the piping needs to be brown.

On the yellow jersey, "Padres" needs to be brown.

On the brown jersey, the piping needs to be yellow.

Great concepts though!!

Thanks for all the comments. There are differing opinions about how well the blue works with the brown and yellow. I haven't given up on it yet; the only changes I made are the yellow jersey and the alternate hat. Brown lettering replaces the blue on the alternate jersey; then the blue SD looked odd on the hat without a matching blue wordmark, so I made the SD brown. I did change the piping on the yellow jersey to blue.

PADRESLOGOSv2.png

PADREShomeuniformsv2.png

TheGiantsFan wanted to see the entire number font, so here it is:

padresnumbers.png

award%20sig.png

Awesome work. Really love what you did with Arizona in green. Maybe add a lil brick red in there to further the southwest look.

Can't wait to see what's next. Maybe the Astros and all there crazy eras (Disco rainbow meets shooting star late 90's)? Maybe Tampa Bay and the gradient inaugural set meets faux-back?!? White Sox 80's meets Disco Shorts, meets current set?!? Lots of crazy directions this could go... yikes

NYCdog.png

Thanks again for all the comments. DNA, incorporating the sand is too many colors, IMO; I couldn't pull it off well.

I was hoping to finish the Giants (and thus the NL) before I have to start writing and grading final tests, but I don't think it will happen. I have decided to enter a few of raysox' European soccer competitions and that is taking all my designing time for now. I'll be doing the Giants, but it might be a few weeks before I can finish the Giants.

Many Giants fans have been very helpful and enthusiastic about this project, so now I want to hear what you want for the Giants. In looking through their history, I am having a hard time knowing what to incorporate from other eras. There current interlocking SF is great and will stay. In my opinion, it is the best hat logo in the league. The Giants script matches the hat, so I think I want to use it as well. I was going to use their old cursive Giants script on an orange alternate... then before this season started they revealed that as a home alternate. So, TheGiantsFan, Giants1883, SFGiants58, and other Giants fans, let me know what you would like to see.

award%20sig.png

The only gripes I have with the Giants current set are:

1) The placket piping on the road greys and the orange home alt just doesn't look right under a Giants wordmark

2) The existence of the orange billed cap.

The word-mark set is perfect.

Elements that have potential:

1) Trim (Sleeve and pants piping) from 70's/80's

2) pinstripes and plaids from the 30's

You should be aware that the Giants number font is subtly unique

Please don't:

1) remove gold from their color palate, nor use any white in favor of cream

2) use vertical arching for any arched wordmarks/player names

3) have names on the back of home jerseys

Many Giants fans have been very helpful and enthusiastic about this project, so now I want to hear what you want for the Giants. In looking through their history, I am having a hard time knowing what to incorporate from other eras. There current interlocking SF is great and will stay. In my opinion, it is the best hat logo in the league. The Giants script matches the hat, so I think I want to use it as well. I was going to use their old cursive Giants script on an orange alternate... then before this season started they revealed that as a home alternate. So, TheGiantsFan, Giants1883, SFGiants58, and other Giants fans, let me know what you would like to see.

Here's what I'd go with here:

For the home uniforms, use the current script logo and number font (both minus gold drop shadow) with 80's style cuffs (which use a northwestern stripe style), but with a white base (not creme) and a name on the back (matching the 83-99 style). The orange alt would use that same script logo, albiet recolored. Keep the striped socks as well (maybe in a style like these).

For the road uniforms, use the current road script (again, no gold drop shadow), use the 80's cuffs (no placket), and the same striped socks. I'd go with two road alts, one being a black version of this (obviously using current cap logo, and maybe no placket piping), and the other being an update of this (in the 80's template).

I'd recommend the same things Giants1883 suggested. I only ask of you to keep the piping consistent like I did with the Giants redesign I did a while back.

Now a question; are you gonna incorporate elements of the New York Giants or the minor league teams that played in San Francisco before the Giants' arrival in 1958?

Can't wait!

Archived