Marlins blue jersey

damnyoutuesday

I loved the 92-02 set, but the 03-11 was terrible, even their current mess was better than that borefest.

I have trouble even considering teal a part of those unis, I love that color for the Marlins but it was so minimal that it added NOTHING.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously have no clue about the marlins uniform timeline. Their last set didn't even have the same teal we all grew up. The teal was more blue, and was limited to a thin line Leon Lett wouldn't even try to snort.

The "Marlin Blue" - what it was officially called - did NOT change at all during their years as the Florida Marlins:

FloridaMarlins_FRC_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

I'm not not sure how anyone can call the Marlins black era terrible. The 1997 uniforms (especially the sleeveless) are their best, but the 2nd World Series look is great too.

It was terrible because it was way too heavy on black and silver. The black alternates sucked.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Replacing the black uniforms with blue uniforms would be a step on the right direction. Especially that sharp blue, not a shade we've seen in the MLB yet. Sure, the teal look would be preferred, but ditching the black uniforms would defenitely push the Marlins out of "one of the worst" to "somewhat sharp" in the MLB uniform world.

You obviously have no clue about the marlins uniform timeline. Their last set didn't even have the same teal we all grew up. The teal was more blue, and was limited to a thin line Leon Lett wouldn't even try to snort.

The "Marlin Blue" - what it was officially called - did NOT change at all during their years as the Florida Marlins:

FloridaMarlins_FRC_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

I'll dig up my jerseys when I get a chance, but the textile version of the color was more cerulean than green in the final years for sure.

Did the textile color change in spec sheets?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

If I had my way I'd replace the blue the Marlins have now with the original teal (and possibly drop the yellow, though that's growing on me); it would make the current Marlins color scheme and set even more bolder.

That said, I like those blue Marlins jerseys, and I've come around on their overall look. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Admiral said at one time that Miami needs to have 1 hat, 1 jersey, and even 1 pair of pants that are a given part of the Marlins' scheme. That way, you can mix-and-match the Red-Orange, Blue, Black, Yellow, and White (and even Gray?)* of the Marlins look. It's a wild, radical idea--especially for MLB--but I think it may be the best idea for the Marlins to do with this color scheme. Why not go balls-out with your colors if you want to be the modern MLB team?

Heck, maybe even scrap the gray uniforms altogether and get blue pants for the road if nothing else.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

No, I have a blue cap they sold--- and one that I think was a prototype.

Heres the supposed prototype- which I think is beautiful....Biggest difference, team sold normal logo on blue hats.

Supposed prototypes have Yellow on the Marlin instead of normal blue.

If they adopt a blue jersey, it needs yellow highlights. Unlike the replica which is just the Orange word mark slapped on a blue jersey (blue highlights).

They also need to create a white number style for that jersey. The name is white, but they are using the black jerseys orange numbers.

img_2224_1.jpg

I love that cap.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I'll dig up my jerseys when I get a chance, but the textile version of the color was more cerulean than green in the final years for sure.

Did the textile color change in spec sheets?

Nope...but you know how these things go...manufacturing, matching dye lots and all that...

PTX_17-4928_TCX_SRGB.png

• 1 month later...

I'm watching the Marlins play the Reds in Miami, and noticed that the backstop at Marlins Park is a beautiful shade of green. This color is used quite a bit throughout the park. I can't find a photo of the backstop but there's one of the right field wall below.

It occurred to me that this color would work in place of the black that they love to use so much. Thoughts?

pads1.jpg

Archived