The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Islanders fans. You're welcome, Capitals fans.

Isles had a 3-1 lead with about 10 to go, Jackets tied it up in about 90 seconds, Tavares gives them the lead again with about 4 to go, Wennberg ties it with 1:30 left, Tavares scores on the first shot in the shootout (Which should've been disallowed because he's too good), Jackets win shootout anyways because we always win shootouts. Fun game, I'm sad there won't be any more for me until October. That feels like a lifetime between now and then

42 wins. A winning season. What could've been. :(:mad::down:

PvO6ZWJ.png

Two teams finished out of the playoffs with 95 points this season, that's mental. (Of course, it's all thanks to tanking)

Just to put that in perspective, in 1988-89, the Washington Capitals finished 3rd in the entire NHL with 92 points.

The days of sub .500 playoff teams are long gone. In 1996, the 4-5 matchup (Leafs/Blues) had TWO teams with losing records.

Two teams finished out of the playoffs with 95 points this season, that's mental. (Of course, it's all thanks to tanking)

You must be talking about someone else... the Sabres improved by two points over last year! At this rate, they will make the playoffs in 2027.

Edit: Sabres point totals on steady incline

2013: 48 points (48 games :upside: )

2013-2014: 52 points

2014-2015: 54 points

Five NHL teams based in Canadian cities will be in the Stanley Cup playoffs this year. I really hope, for the sake of all that is good in hockey, that they all advance as far as they possibly can. I would love to see two Canadian-based squads competing for the Cup. The thought of Bettman's head exploding at the loss of US TV ratings would be tremendous.

I just watched 3 shootouts in a row. I guess that's fair considering I won't have to watch another one for 6 months.

Edit: And Providence just beat Boston University 4-3 to win the NCAA National Championship.

I just watched 3 shootouts in a row. I guess that's fair considering I won't have to watch another one for 6 months.

Edit: And Providence just beat Boston University 4-3 to win the NCAA National Championship.

:censored:ing hell.

spacer.png

:censored:ing hell.
As a neutral fan, that was really entertaining to watch. :P

Is this the greatest day in Boston hockey history?

Depends on where you fall in the Eagles-Terriers divide.

FALSE EDIT:

Oh for :censored:'s sake:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/boston-u-goalie-blows-late-ncaa-title-game-lead-with-h-1697276142/+bubbaprog

I didn't watch the game but that is a microcosm of today for a Boston hockey fan.

ACTUAL EDIT: Also this dude's hat:

o28ynk9txfig25ksg7mn.jpg

spacer.png

The Art Ross winner this year had 85 points. Eighty-Five. That's all kinds of sad.

A triumph of risk-averse hockey.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Eastern Conference Matchups and home ice all set. Western Conference is just waiting on one game to see who plays Minnesota and plays Winnpeg.

Ducks lead Desert Dogs 2-0 at the 2nd Intermission. Anaheim win in Regulation or OT, Ducks will face Jets, Blues get Wild. Any other result, including a Ducks Shootout win the Blues will get the Jets and Anaheim gets to tangle with Minnesota.

Archived