2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it would ever happen, but what about one with the tomahawk as the main crest? Would fit nicely with the Capitals W logo. It's one of those logos that if it were any other team (IE the team with one of the best main crests in sports) it would have already been featured as a main logo.

Doing that would be the equivalent of creating a Yankees uniform with their alternate/promotional logo (whatever you wanna call it) instead of the interlocking ny logo. Sure, it would look awesome and creative, but traditionalists would only moan and complain about it.
If by that you mean traditionalists = people with respect for identity consistency and not muddling a brand.
If it's all about identity consistency then the Yankees have already failed. They use four different interlocking NY logos and their primary logo features colors that appear nowhere else in their identity. Oh, and the "Yankees" script in their primary logo is different from their "Yankees" script wordmark for good measure.
So they should make it worse?

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Don't think it would ever happen, but what about one with the tomahawk as the main crest? Would fit nicely with the Capitals W logo. It's one of those logos that if it were any other team (IE the team with one of the best main crests in sports) it would have already been featured as a main logo.

I would hope the Hawks wear a jersey they wore sometime throughout their history. Even if it means tweaking the logo. (Which they shouldn't because the team is named after one man a WWI regiment.) But you never know these days.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Would you guys think I was weird if I said I prefer Columbus' third jerseys over their home jerseys? The more I see those uniforms the more I like them.

I've felt this way for a long time. They should have claimed double blue before the Jets came along and did.

untitled-6.jpg

No. they are begging to be trashed, as both the cup winning set and 2007 iterations are vastly superior...

Their road uniforms aren't bad.

Put me in the minority that thinks the roads are worse than the homes... Something about pairing that modern shoulder yoke with the northwest striping has always looked odd. Homes are kind of growing on me but they still can't hold a candle to the cup winning jerseys. A successful jersey design in one where you can tell which team it belongs to without the logo on the front. The Hurricanes had that with the inaugural look and their Edge translation, which compared to the rest of the league, turned out pretty good. Its shame they trashed everything unique about their identity to be trendy... It was Tampa Bay all over again.

Does anyone think that the Canes jerseys are begging for a thin black outline on the outside of the white stripes? The jerseys are still good and very clean, but I feel like they just need a little black. The white jersey is solid. But watching them on TV right now, the red is great, but the black collar, number outline, and logo are all begging for some more black on the jersey.

i don't mind their jersey's its the logo i don't like.

Does anyone think that the Canes jerseys are begging for a thin black outline on the outside of the white stripes? The jerseys are still good and very clean, but I feel like they just need a little black. The white jersey is solid. But watching them on TV right now, the red is great, but the black collar, number outline, and logo are all begging for some more black on the jersey.

i don't mind their jersey's its the logo i don't like.

Or black in between those white stripes. I agree, just a little bit of black would balance those out a lot

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Would you guys think I was weird if I said I prefer Columbus' third jerseys over their home jerseys? The more I see those uniforms the more I like them.

I've felt this way for a long time. They should have claimed double blue before the Jets came along and did.

I dunno, it made use of every major design trend from 2011/12...double-blue, roundels, vintage white. Very unoriginal, and as those trends go out of style, so does the uniform.

Not to mention that atrocious font.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A successful jersey design in one where you can tell which team it belongs to without the logo on the front. The Hurricanes had that with the inaugural look and their Edge translation, which compared to the rest of the league, turned out pretty good. Its shame they trashed everything unique about their identity to be trendy... It was Tampa Bay all over again.

When I look at their photos from home game attendances, I see more old jerseys than new ones. And I bet the ones who have a new jersey got theirs for free as a bonus from buying seasons tickets or something. Basically, no one's buying them.

Or black in between those white stripes. I agree, just a little bit of black would balance those out a lot

I don't know about that. It would have to be in a way that avoids copying the Blackhawks arm stripes.

I dunno, it made use of every major design trend from 2011/12...double-blue, roundels, vintage white. Very unoriginal, and as those trends go out of style, so does the uniform.

Not to mention that atrocious font.

Still an awesome jersey. I'm also glad its devoid of the all-star patch too. I don't like patches on the front of nice jerseys.

The Catch of the Day!

Saw this in the paper. Thought it was funny. For the record, as a Canucks fan, Islanders > Canucks current primary. Link: http://www.gocomics.com/adamathome/2014/10/18#mutable_1220826

The Islanders have a terrible logo, but they've stuck with it so long and actually built history behind so it works. The Canucks have great jerseys with a terrible logo.

I still maintain if they ditched the whale but kept the striping and colours on their current home and away they would be up there with the best dressed teams in the league.

Archived