2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fear is that they adopted the throwbacks under protest and will use this skid they've been in to call them unlucky and go back to their comfort zone of beige.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Starter made a black fashion jersey in the 90's that actually looked pretty sharp. They just replaced white with black on the (then) home.

Next season will be the ninth under Reebok. There is absolutely no excuse for Colorado, Calgary, Ottawa, Pittsburgh et al. to still be wearing their click-and-fill garbage. If the chance to boost merchandise sales or, you know, actually look good won't convince them to change things, what will?

Pittsburgh's uniform history is quickly becoming a joke. Just the fact that they're considering ditching the recently unveiled thirds says it all. I expect them to wear the click and fill garbage for another 10 years...

Morgo, do you really think Pittsburgh is actually thinking of getting rid of their new third jersey? That jersey has been selling faster than fresh, delicious, homemade 10 cent hotcakes. I know Reebok has them listed as TBD for their third jersey but their third jersey is listed as TBD because their third jersey is so popular and so much better looking than their current home/road jerseys that they will be pulling an Edmonton and making their gorgeous Throwback Third Jersey their new home jersey. I'm still keeping my prediction that I made earlier this season that as soon as Pittsburgh plays their first home Playoff Game, their Third Jersey will be their new home jersey. Also, last time I checked, an alternate jersey, no matter how awful it is must be worn for two seasons. Has Pittsburgh done that yet? No, they have not. How could their alternate be listed as TBD then? It's simple, my prediction, maybe not for this season's playoffs, but for next season is correct. If it is not, I will be absolutely shocked. If the NHL changed this rule, I'm sure Icethetics or someone else would have found out by now.

What a spectacular matchup. If only this was 2009 Stanley Cup Final...

85dmr6V.jpg

No doubt. It's a damn shame the Penguins played the Red Wings in two consecutive Stanley Cup Finals in their current look.

Next season will be the ninth under Reebok. There is absolutely no excuse for Colorado, Calgary, Ottawa, Pittsburgh et al. to still be wearing their click-and-fill garbage. If the chance to boost merchandise sales or, you know, actually look good won't convice them to change things, what will?

You might have answered your own question, but I have to believe that the teams are simply under the delusion that:

1. They look good.

2. The jerseys aren't a real departure from what they used to wear (presuming that the logos and colors haven't changed much).

Sad.

Speaking as somewhat of a Pens fan...I HATE those unis. Way too much Yellow/Gold/Athletic Gold/Saffron.

I feel that the Pens should be a Black and White team, with Yellow or Vegas Gold as an accent color.

Speaking as somewhat of a Pens fan...I HATE those unis. Way too much Yellow/Gold/Athletic Gold/Saffron.

I feel that the Pens should be a Black and White team, with Yellow or Vegas Gold as an accent color.

Yellow has always been a key color with the other Pittsburgh pro sports teams, and I don't think we'll ever see it used as an accent color. The current thirds also have more significant history than just the back to back Cup winners, and we've seen how difficult it is in the NHL to repeat as champions since 1990. There were three other reasons, starting with the release in January of 1980, influenced by the outstanding decade of the 70s by the Steelers and Pirates. Inexplicably, the Bruins filed a formal protest with the NHL, which was easily struck down, and increased the popularity of those uniforms. And in the early 80s, underdog Pens teams pushed three heavy playoff favorites to the limits, including the Islanders. And lastly, the debut of one of hockey's greatest players in 1984, added up to make those thirds popular for Penguins fans across the country.

Well i think they are nice, but i still like the set they got after that one better, even though robo-pen is hated upon....the diagonal "pittsburgh" black jersey was sick, 66 and 68 had their best years in those !

The Penguins current alternate is nice and much better than their current set, but I prefer their pre-edge jersey. The one thing that really bugs me about the Penguins 3rd, and other jerseys that have a bottom hem stripe like it, is how the curved hemmed is so prominent.

You may not like the colours or the striping on the throwbacks, but I fail to see how they're inferior to khaki and black patches around the armpit area:

isid-the-kid-cup1.jpg

I'm sorry, but I literally cannot comprehend how a group of designers and hockey executives looked at this and said "Yeah, that works." What the hell was the thought process?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You may not like the colours or the striping on the throwbacks, but I fail to see how they're inferior to khaki and black patches around the armpit area:

isid-the-kid-cup1.jpg

I'm sorry, but I literally cannot comprehend how a group of designers and hockey executives looked at this and said "Yeah, that works." What the hell was the thought process?

Maybe the same process where this guy ended up with a marketing creative director position anyhow...

BRb5bCGCcAE_kC_.jpg

Archived